Used 2000 Honda Accord DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best Car to buy!
By A

2000 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I've owned many cars over the years. I am talking about Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes, Infinity, and of course Honda. I have a Honda Accord and even though the other cars that I've owned have served me well- my honda is MY favorite. In 60, 000 miles I have only changed the rotors and brakes, and the oil. Not that I am negligent- just that the car asks for little attention- it does it all and well! I am hating the fact that later on in life I will have to change cars and not be able to buy a new 2000 Honda Accord- I would've loved to buy two- keep one in the garage until I need it. The new models look great but the one I have is the best car to buy.

Fun to drive. Very reliable!

More power needed if anything needs improvement.

Love this car!
By iloveoregon

2000 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! The five speed is fantastic and the car is surprisingly peppy. It's a quiet body style - not too pretentious or showy. The interior is spacious for five adults or even car seats if necessary. I put the back seat down when I go to Home Depot and use my bike rack on the roof to haul other stuff. It's just a great car. I hope to get 300,000 miles out of it like three other navy blue Honda's I know.

Peppy acceleration. Roomy interior. No blind spots. Good hauling ability. Radio is pretty good, too.

Nicer carpet. It feels like vinyl.

dependability in a honda accord
By glhodges

2000 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

my loyalty goes to honda, it has proven to be the most reliable car I have ever owned (besides the civic) a true value when considering dependability vs. $$$$ at 120K miles still runing strong , only had to replace battery, and rotors, still have original timing belt although recomended to replace @105K miles. excelent interior & exterior intergrety .reliability a great plus for single parents, students , and single females who dont own stock in repair shops and those who do not like to throw away money in cheep disposable cars and/or parts .

my favorite feture is the peppynes and quick handeling of the manual transmission . it truly has a nice interstate driving ability and AN ACCEPTABLE QUIET RIDE. Honda has really kept up a good exterior design not too trendy .

the power sterring could be a bit softer

Throttle Body Unit
By Sharyel A

2000 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

After only having approx. 34,000 miles, noticed the gas pedal sticking. Had to "Punch" it to get it to release. Unfortunately, complained to dealer 2 weeks after warrantly expired (3 yr warranty). Was told would have to pay $266.33 to have throttle body unit replaced. I thought was a safety issued, and should be replaced free of charge. Still in negotiation regarding this issue.

Good Car, but why did I buy it?
By Matt3

2000 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I got the DX model, 135 horses but no A/C, no CD player, no creature comforts of any kind. It only has about 20,000 miles on it so I lucked out in getting a reliable car, but I can't stand knowing that come summer, I'll be sweltering in my new black car. Performance is decent, body style and interior room is great. I like the standard transmission, very driver- friendly car.