1995 GMC Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
A tribute to Bertha
By seasalt44 on 06/05/12 17:52 PM (PDT)

1995 GMC Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

"Bertha" has logged nearly 300,000 miles with very little other than regular maintainance, Tires, batteries, plugs, wires etc. Has the original motor, transmission, starter. Insurance costs are lower than most. She's got a little rust on the top and the hood has recently lost its top coat of paint but for a dark blue paint it has done pretty well. The interior looks barely used even though it has hauled people/children, lumber (a full 4X8 sheet of plywood will go inside) and all kinds of other cargo. Got it at 92,000 miles after a family with kids. I call it my transformer car. It will tow, haul, rides good on trips. The A/C has been replaced twice the last 50,000 miles. Great bargain.

172,000mi on my suburban
By sean on 01/22/10 21:33 PM (PST)

1995 GMC Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

iv hauled my lawn mowing trailer and use it to drive to louisiana i still get 17mpg interior is like new iv been egged and paintballed this is the prettyiest white ever it blinds u it so bright good buy

Family Truck/ Cost in Gas
By GMC owner on 12/22/09 10:55 AM (PST)

1995 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought in 2008, This truck is a great truck , does everything including great cargo space. plenty of room for a growing family like mine. I have right now over 207k on the original engine and cranks everyday, had to replace brakes more than twice, but thats it. I have put about 50k on the engine. It has very poor gasoline, as you can imagine. takes 100.00 a week to keep going. That will break you over time. I am going to park it or sell it now because of that. And it needs some repair.

perfect ill buy a second one
By kev on 12/08/09 18:58 PM (PST)

1995 GMC Suburban SUV C2500 4dr SUV

i bought a 95 2500 2 wheel drive 5.7 nothing but good luck with thin vehicle. i pull a 2 ton trailer every day almost i am a contractor and i put it to the test. i now have 271k on it no smoke and no rust at all. it starts every time no matter what the weather is. it still has perfect paint. i'm very happy. this thing will pull anything you hook it up to.

Great for Many Uses
By Team Hauler on 03/26/06 09:59 AM (PST)

1995 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle with 64K and have now got 163K and going strong. This vehicle had a customization package which enhanced the interior with middle buckets and entertainment features - great for the kids on long trips. Whether hitting the highway, hauling the team to games, or loading building materials for the latest project this GMC has been awesome. Leather has held up great. Has gotten 13-16 mpg highway, 9-11 city. Am now looking for a little less size and better fuel economy, but this has been a great ride for many uses.

Super SUV
By TS76 on 06/07/05 00:51 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I only recently purchased this K1500 Suburban SLT from the original owner, so my experience is "short term". It has over 285K miles on it (yes 285,000) and still runs and drives perfectly. Most of the miles were freeway miles- which helps. I was told that the engine is original, but the tranny was replaced 100K miles ago. I have only had to install a coolant sensor- which was only $70.00 to repair at the shop. I have not driven it enough to see exactly what the mileage is, but I am sure it is not that great. I will probably never need all of the space, or need the 4WD, but nice to know it is there if I ever need it. I also really like the styling of these trucks.

GMC Suburban
By larrybrown on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I love our 95 Suburban. We get about 16 mpg on highway, 14 normal driving. This isn't bad to me considering my minivan got 19-20 mpg with far less room and no towing capacity.

Good Overall
By mack2 on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Suburban SUV K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I have 142,000 miles on my Suburban now. Other than the brakes needing regular maintenance, this vehicle has been quite good. The plastics on the interior are now starting to break, this is likely due to the hot summers here in Sacramento.

Good Experience
By GMCowner on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

We bought it new. I love the space when we travel. We took the truck across the county once, into Canada twice, loaded with five people and lots of luggage. It's no longer than the station wage we had before, so I don't understand why people complain about the size - it's easy to handle.

Executive Model Edition
By JackBP on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Model bought off lease. This edition includes custom interior package of laquered wood trim, CD Multi-Player Unit,Quad 4 Leather Seating, and Video Entertainment System CD/DVD/Video Tape/Monitor.