2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Review: Speedometer Problems

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD - Consumer Review

Base Crew Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Speedometer Problems
By polonerw on

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Duramax Diesel 2500 Hd crew cab to pull a 36 foot fifth wheel. There is plenty of power; however, have had a few problems. The speedometer failed at about 60000 miles and had to be replaced. I have read that this is a common problem but there is a class action lawsuit and I plan to turn in my 478.00 receipt and hopefully get reimbutsed from GM. The engine light came on and paid to have the code read which was relatively meaningless but haven't had any more problems with that. I added a Superchip which is amazing how much perfromance improvement. Have heard that some people have burned up transmission with Superchip but I always reset to towsafe prior to pulling anything.

xm satellite, diesel power, looks

better mileage. Can't understand why Superchip improves performance so much, and wonder why GM engineers can't safely get more of that Diesel power that seems to be available. I guess it has something to do with Government emissions or some big brother regulations.