Used 1993 Ford Tempo LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Tempo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:

Well pleased with car
By MrSoundman

1993 Ford Tempo Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a friend in 1998.It has the 4 cylinder engine. It had 140,000+ miles on it at the time I bought it.I have driven for six years and 50,000 miles with only minor problems (mostly normal wear items).I did have some problems with the power door locks not working properly. The original transmission finally failed at 194,000 miles but the original engine still runs great and all the accessories still work including the AC.I can't decide whether to fix it or look for another Tempo.I have been well pleased with the car.

Good balance of fuel economy and performance. Extremely reliable.

Relocate the controls for the power seat.They are are in a very awkward position to get to.

Ideal used vehicle
By MCRider

1993 Ford Tempo Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

It seats 5 adults comfortably and has a spacious trunk. Its size is small enough to fit into tight spaces, yet big enough to make you feel like you aren't in a sardine can. The controls are easy to reach and operate and the seats are very comfortable. Gas mileage and acceleration are lackluster, but the solid feel and excellent handling more than make up for it. We liked this car so much, we traded our Cutlass Supreme on another Tempo the following day.

Comfort, handling and size

Better gas mileage and acceleration