Used 1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

385000 Miles
By sickprofessor2

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

My 1995 Ranger has 385000 miles on it. What more is there to say? 385000 miles. I don't do much to maintain it, either. I probably change the oil about every 10000 miles. It probably hasn't had a tuneup in 200000 miles. I expect that the drivetrain would keep going to a million miles. The only issues I've had in the past few years have been suspension: rear leaf-spring brackets rusted away and replaced; front sway-bar link broke.

Favorite Features

It keeps on running.

Built Ford tough!
By nitewish21

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I purchased this truck in Feb. of 2011, it currently has only 131,000 miles on it. I have had no problems at all with this truck.It started out as a commercial lease vehicle, im the first private owner of this truck.Its still in "Like-new" condition and i keep the maintenance up on it regularly.It came with a 3.0L V6 and automatic transmission. You can tell the quality of workmanship through and though, there is no better mid-size trucks out there than these Rangers.

Favorite Features

Having the power of a V6 and still getting great gas mileage. The transmission shifts smooth and the cloth interior is very comfortable in summer and winter.

Retirement service
By indianavince

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this 1995 4.0 5speed Ranger 5 years ago. It was cheap had 228,000 miles and I wasn't expecting much. Well it's 2010, I replaced the rear spring shackles as they rusted away. I have over loaded it with gravel and fill dirt many times, pull my boat and change the oil once a year as I use it for around town hauling and mucking about. I pull my sailboat 60 miles at a time. This is the Ever- ready bunny truck. No issues other than those wiper gremlins. Body is NOT rusting. 4.0 V6 showing now signs of age, and the ABS sure works well in the Indiana winters.

Favorite Features

Reliable, and trusty. Blends in. I do private investigations too.

Suggested Improvements

???

Black Betty- best truck i have ever owne
By chey1997

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my little ranger in 2006 with 241000 miles on her, great body and superb performance compaired to the S- 10 i used to own. in three years i havent had any major issues, just mant. things that needed to be done. this truck on the highway gets 26 mpg even with 256000 miles on her. I hauled my fiancees 92 honda prelude with it. and make regular trips from dallas to houston in her. she still has her original speakers from 95 and work great. by far the toughest truck i have ever owned. if i compare her to the chevy S-10 i bought before it would make the S-10 look like cardboard! can't go wrong with these mini monsters ford did write with these!!!

Favorite Features

body engine is perfect for what i need

Suggested Improvements

nothing love her just the way she is!

best 100 everspent
By carl franco

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

with 250,000 miles on it, drove trouble free from CT to WVA...great milage and a comfortable ride to there and back....the further i drove the better it ran..I am amazed

Favorite Features

styling and milage

Suggested Improvements

none