1994 Ford Probe Consumer Review: can't go wrong with this car

1994 Ford Probe - Consumer Review

SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

can't go wrong with this car
By rebel8145 on

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Probe with 145,000 miles on it and it still runs great. I've had a few minor frustrating problems like the idle, but the reason they were so expensive is because it took the mechanics a loong time to figure out what was wrong. And it always could be counted on to drive. It must be a complicated car. Overall, its awesome, I get compliments on it all the time, thats not bad for a $1500 car, and if it died right now I'd but another one. The value of probes is so low that you really can't go wrong if you want a great looking reliable sporty looking car. I never regretted buying this car.

decent speed for a 4 cylinder engine, not a race car though. Styling is excellent, it looks better than cars twice its value. Very reliable

don't buy automatic, it should be fun to drive. It rattles and thumps a little, and doesn't feel super solid sometimes. Repairs are costly, but I would more blame incompetent mechanics than the car. Not a very good wwinter car, although it always started.