1994 Ford Probe 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - can't go wrong with this

1994 Ford Probe - Consumer Review

SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

can't go wrong with this car
By rebel8145 on

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Probe with 145,000 miles on it and it still runs great. I've had a few minor frustrating problems like the idle, but the reason they were so expensive is because it took the mechanics a loong time to figure out what was wrong. And it always could be counted on to drive. It must be a complicated car. Overall, its awesome, I get compliments on it all the time, thats not bad for a $1500 car, and if it died right now I'd but another one. The value of probes is so low that you really can't go wrong if you want a great looking reliable sporty looking car. I never regretted buying this car.

Favorite Features

decent speed for a 4 cylinder engine, not a race car though. Styling is excellent, it looks better than cars twice its value. Very reliable

Suggested Improvements

don't buy automatic, it should be fun to drive. It rattles and thumps a little, and doesn't feel super solid sometimes. Repairs are costly, but I would more blame incompetent mechanics than the car. Not a very good wwinter car, although it always started.