1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LTD Crown Victoria model:
Most Comfortable Car Ever
By wspringer on 12/09/13 15:06 PM (PST)

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire LX 4dr Wagon

This is THE most comfortable car I have ever driven. Sure it is old, but it still has great build quality. There is almost no plastic on it. Nearly everything is metal and chrome. The front bench seat is like a couch, and the velour upholstery is very comfortable. It is also a reliable vehicle; I have never had it not start. The V8 has pretty good power, and it goes well in the snow for being rear-wheel drive. There is plenty of room inside for the family, or for cargo if you fold the seats down. This is the best car ever made.

Nice Car!
By CharlieM on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Nice 302 Engine runs fast! very comfortable! very big to drive have to get used to driving a big boat lol. not very great gas mileage but nobody should expect that! Nice all around car!

The Blue Beast
By loscroce on 01/07/10 05:24 AM (PST)

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX 4dr Wagon

Complete pleasure to drive. Storage is unbelievable. It can handle anything I throw at it. Who needs a pickup when this car serves all needs.

Original Owner
By Jimmy on 08/26/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX 4dr Wagon

I ordered my 1991 LX wagon February of 1990, because Ford was no longer building the 1990 model year. I took delivery on May 30, 1990. I am the original owner and the car has been primally used for family vacations, first towing a 16-foot camping trailer and now a 24-foot travel trailer. The car was ordered with factory towing package and has more than 40,000 miles towing. The car is still original, having replaced only the transmission output seal, power steering pump seal, fan clutch, and premium sound radio since purchased new. Regular service has been performed per the owners manual. The car is very comfortable, quite and power is adequate whether towing or driving solo.

My Vic is Awesome
By Brian on 07/19/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX 4dr Wagon

I purchased my Crown Victoria in 2000 for $500. I can't remeber the actual original mileage, but it was high. I still own this car today, with over 250,000 miles on it. I have done everything in this car, to include towing and it has never let me down. I am ready to put a new transmission and a rebuilt engine into this wonderful vehicle, and have it repainted. That is how much I have enjoyed this car!

Good family car
By Glynnis on 05/07/08 06:40 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I have drove this car for the past two years now and find it to be a good family car. It is a good solidly enginered car to drive, but can be intimidating because of its large size. The design can fool people into thinking that it won't go that fast, but that is not the case. The feel of the ride is very smooth, and good for long car trips. As with most large cars with a V-8 engine, gas mileage could be better. Unlike most new cars today that have a center shift console, the '91 Crown Vic has a 6 passenger capacity, which is a definite plus. This car is a classic, and will be legally considered an anitque in a few years. Still reliable, it's one that is worth keeping.

Solid Car
By Keith on 09/18/06 16:24 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I received this car for free and it was possibly the best car I've ever driven. Other reviews complained about the handling but i felt it added extra comfort and it is very fun and relaxing to drive. I also like the body style, however the paint is fairly poor. Overall its a quality, reliable car.

Don't buy this one
By Casey on 01/08/06 23:14 PM (PST)

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Car is slow as a slug. Geo metros are faster. It is terrible on gas. Averaged 15-17 on the highway without lead foot. Pretty reliable. Comfortable, steering too sensitive, feels like it "floats". Can't corner at speeds over 15mph. Huge trunk. Ugly dash and everything else. Useless power antenna.

A nice riding wagon
By Fish on 12/18/04 07:40 AM (PST)

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 4dr Wagon

I purchased this car in 1999 with 80,000 miles and have since put on 100,000 miles. The car has a great ride and there is room for 8 passengers with the third row seat. There is volumes of room with the second row seat folded down. Fuel economy is good and I average 17 to 20 mpg with all around driving. My only complaint with this car is the electrical system. Almost all interior electrical items do not work or had to be repaired. That includes the heater blower fan, passenger side power window and tailgate power window, fuel, and temperture guages and power seat.

Great Cruiser
By Wolfpack79 on 12/06/04 23:06 PM (PST)

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Loved this car, wish it had been with me longer (totalled after I had owned it for 9 months). Wonderful car for highway travel or just crusing around. Good low-end power, extremely comfortable, solid, and reliable. Elegant exterior design, nice details. Actually fits six adults. And it has that cop-car attitude.