Long Lasting Car
By FocusOnWheels on
2000 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan
I got the Focus in 2000. Other then it not having as bomb a sound system as the commercial made out it ran well and was a perfect tight handling city car. Great gas mileage. It wasn't until the care was 6 years old that it needed attention. (right after the warranty ended haha) I replaced the spark plugs, break pads and starter solenoid in the decade I've owned her. Not bad eh? I will say that at nearing 11 years old with 190,000. miles. on it. She's nearing retirement. But this was my first new car. It was a good experience, those to trash it on here might of got a lemon and had no sense to return theirs but overall, Ford Focus is a good line. For its time, 00 Focus was futuristic and fun.
Favorite Features
Off the line, it's suspension and handling was perfect for pothole ridden big city streets. And it's gas mileage was great for highway trips out of town. Interior was sporty and comfortable, sound system adequate. Exterior was contemporary and cool. I'm saying was because 10 yrs in car it's a fossil.
Suggested Improvements
I've seen the current 2010 Model my father purchased one. They are nice but may I suggest giving the interior a more sophisticated look. Think, Lexus IS or something snazzy. I'll like a car more if the interior feels like a million bucks. I'd be more inclined to buy too.