2000 Ford Focus Consumer Review: First Car - Excellent Choice!

2000 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Review

First Car - Excellent Choice!
By LovedMyFocus on

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback

I had this car 7 1/2 years, over 100K miles, and ran it into the ground. I think I performed major maintenance once, at 60,000 mi. I replaced the brakes twice, rotors once. It only had one problem ever, where oil was dripping on something and I could smell it through the vents. Easily fixed. I was in a collision and the car was minimally damaged with the exception of the airbags. I was really hard on the exterior: it sustained a lot of damage, but still always ran like a champ. I traded it for a Subaru AWD when I moved to NH because it slid a lot in the snow cause it was light. But if the Focus came in AWD and still in a hatchback, I would be driving one of those instead! Loved this car!

Saved me with minimal injury more than once in accidents. NO mechanical problems with little maintenance. I am a converted hatchback lover forever! It's amazing what you can fit into them. Sadly, they don't make the Focus hatchbacks anymore. I loved the front pocket on the seat covers for the KonaSE

Interior plastic is kind of cheap looking, but it was an inexpensive car. When I purchased it I had an option of automatic doors and windows OR air conditioning. Needless to say I chose AC. However, this was the first year of Focus and I'm sure it's not a problem anymore.