1993 Ford Festiva Consumer Review: Reliable to a Fault- Just keep

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback - Consumer Review

Reliable to a Fault- Just keeps running!
By FestivaFan on

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car as a temporary replacement for my beloved wrecked 89 1/2 Mustang. Seven years later, I still have it. Getting fantastic gas mileage is addictive. It is also a great city car, no self respecting car thief or jacker will mess with a lowly Festiva. Not a great car to be in during an accident, but it is nimble enough to avoid situations bigger cars couldn't. After all, are we all going to be forced to drive SUV Panzers to be safe from the SUV bullies. I hope not. The Edmonds pricing for the Festiva is a joke, I can sell this car for what I paid for it tomorrow. They are revered for their reliability, storage, and mileage. All the same reasons I will keep driving it until it dies.

Favorite Features

It's a loud car at highway speeds, the windows come off-track way to easy, but let's face it, it's a 17-year-old car. For what it is, it is a masterpiece. People rack up 300,000 miles on these engines with no major problems. For an inexpensive economy car it was/is a brilliant piece of engineering.

Suggested Improvements

It's a loud car at highway speeds, the windows come off-track way to easy, but let's face it, it's a 17 year old car. For what it is, it is a masterpiece. People rack up 300,000 miles on these engines with no major problems. For an inexpensive economy car it was/is a brilliant piece of engineering.