Worst Ford SUV
By bad2006ford on
2006 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
In May 2006 I purchased a 2006 Ford Explorer brand new with only 56 miles. Two years into the owning the suv I had to replaced the tires with a new set. The sensor belt broke on one of the tires and the tire pressure light in the suv wouldn't go off. Then I began to experience problems with shift it was stuck in park as the recall letter describe the problems I had already experienced. Then my trans- mission went out. I paid to have the trans- mission replaced. Six months later the radiator and the motor went out. I contacted FORD, I towed my suv to the nearest dealer-ship where I left it for a year; because I refuse to pay for repairs and Ford refuse to take liability for my suv.
Favorite Features
none
Suggested Improvements
I suggest a recall for all 2006 Ford Explorer because of the problems the consumers (including myself) are experiencing with the tires, sensor belts in the tires, transmission, gear shift lever, radiator and motor. With these problems you basically don't have a SUV. I think we should be compensated for all the inconvience we've been through and given brand new suv.