2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Ford Convert
By WMcClure on 11/10/08 09:04 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've never been a Ford fan, always preferred GM or Toyota products. Test drove this and was impressed with how solid it felt and the quietness of the cabin.

Would've never thought it
By rd2007 on 08/22/08 08:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was a Ford hater and never would have considered buying one. I was initially looking at the Avalanche and while reading reviews I noticed some positive ones for the SportTrac. I went to the dealership and was also looking at the Expedition, but they could not get me the numbers I wanted so I decided to try out the SportTrac. I took a drive in it and was amazed at how well it drove. It's quiet, smooth, and the V-8 has plenty of go in it. So far I have had it for two months and it's been perfect. My mileage has been about 15-16 overall, but that is mostly because I tend to have a little fun now and then. It's the same mileage my CX-7 got and that thing didn't have anywhere near the room.

Excellence From Ford
By Willis on 06/26/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2004 F-150 and got 2008 Limited Sort Trac, V8, 4X4, limited chrome and electronics. Ford couldn't have done a better job of putting a vehicle together. Great power anywhere you need it, I am am happy with my mileage compared to my F-150 V8 5.4. Getting 22mph on highway. Very smooth ride, If you're looking for something like this no other manufacturer can even come close to the quality and comfort of the Sport Trac.

Just the right size truck
By Sam on 06/21/08 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I will always need some type of truck for hauling and have liked the Sport Trac since the first ones came out. The addition of the V8 and IRS on the latest model was the clincher. Truck has a very comfortable interior. Outstanding ride and handling. I love the excellent overall quality, it is very quiet with no rattles or squeaks. For someone that does not a 6' or 8' bed length, this truck fits the bill. Tows a 5000 boat very nice and with the traction control, goes up the slipperest ramp with ease. With the sales incentives and rebates, the price simply cant be beat for a fun full featured, loaded 4 door truck.

Ford is moving forward
By michael G on 05/30/08 05:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had read a lot of reviews before I made a purchase. Allow me to say Ford had done a great job. I put black leather in this vehicle as well. Sync and convenience pack came with it along with the tow. First, I drove the kids to see family 3 hours away and it drove smooth. The passing issue with power-hey guys turn the OD switch off , that will give you more power, not that I had a problem. No carpet. Excellent, easier maintenance. Plastic inside. Great. Now I dont have to use "Armor All"-easy to clean with warm water. A sync syst-with Sirius. Let's roll! A class 3 tow package-take the jet skis to the lake up to 5000lbs w/ elec. Come on! Gas, Ford could do better.

SporTrac
By Jared on 03/29/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the vehicle out of necessity. We just had a new baby and needed bigger trunk space. Unfortunately, I traded quality for price and ended up paying for it in the end. Good power in the lower gears, so, you'll get going pretty quickly, but then the power drops off quickly once you get into the upper gears. I always had an extremely hard time passing anyone above 50MPH without hammering down the gas pedal. A lot of plastic interior, comfortable seats for short drives, but horrible on your lower back on drives of 3 hours or more. SYNC feature is horrible! Even speaking slowly and clearly, I'd have to repeat myself 2-3 times for the system to recognize what I was trying to say.

My Dream Truck
By Woodchopper on 03/15/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab AWD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had many vehicles, of all sorts. I have been looking at the Sport Trac since it's debut in 2001, but wanted more than the 4.0 litre engine. Now with the V8 4.6 my dream truck is a reality, and the wait was worth it, more robust frame & suspension (IRS), better looks, plus overall refinements. I am over 6'1", comfort is great. I like the door handles (placement, appearance) and have no issue with the door pulls, seats, or anything else. The rubber floor covering is much easier to clean than carpet would be. I trailer two large ATVs at "highway speeds", passing & handling is spot on. I am very pleased with my Sport Trac, and have recommended it to others, friends and family included.

Ford best for the money
By Craig Baber on 02/25/08 18:09 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had lots of Fords over the years but this is one of the best. I traded a 2004 F150 Crew for this and I am as pleased as punch. The 4.6 V8 is a power house and delivers basicly the same mpg as the 6. It is so easy to park, garage friendly (takes less room) is great on the road. It is quiet, ride is outstanding, no need for rails as in and out access is great. The new Sync by Microsoft and sirus radio makes it a intertainment wonder. No need for cds as one 2mb in the usb will access hundreds of songs with out worry of storage or scratching of cd. The vinyl floor is padded and the cab is quiet. It is a well thought out suv and with current offer of 4000 cash back is a must have.

Just what I wanted...sort of.
By K3 on 02/21/08 16:18 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2008 Explorer pick-up is perfect for me and my high school aged daughter. I cannot complain about one thing other than gas mileage on the V6. I guess I would have purchased the V8 just to get the six speed transmission if I knew the mileage would not be all that different, although, my five speed seems fine for my purposes and the eight cylinder just added to the cost. My leather interior, the paint and trim are outstanding. Microsoft Sync and Sirius radio combined with the 6 disc changer gives me so much music through the truck's killer sound system that I don't know quite what to listne to sometimes. I love the handling, et. al. Really neat truck for a city boy.

Excellent Buy!
By nauboey on 02/19/08 01:35 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The Sport Trac is a great truck/SUV! It's great for everyone including familys. This thing has so many features that I don't know where to start. My Kids love it and my wife perfers to drive it over her Mustang and Audi!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.