1998 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: I'll Never Buy a Ford Again!

1998 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

I'll Never Buy a Ford Again!
By Never by a Ford on

1998 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Pretty good vehicle until you get to about 75,000 miles, then it falls apart. Transmission, oil cooler hoses, axle seals, driver lock switch, rear driver's side door window assembly (fell apart inside door), windshield washer switch (sometimes it works, sometimes is doesn't), alternator.... (I wonder each day what will fail next). Gas mileage is terrible. I own a Suburban which is more powerful, refined, comfortable, and out tows the Ford hands down. Take my advice: If you want a domestic truck, buy a Chevy. If you want a reliable car, buy a Honda or Toyota. By the way, my Expedition is in the shop as I write this review!

Six-disk CD changer (one of the few things that hasn't failed, yet). Driving lights really provide great lighting. Adjustable, rugged roof rack.

Hey, Bill Ford, build a more reliable vehicle! Take your engineers, accountants, and assembly workers to Japan to see how a quality vehicle is produced!