2009 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Buyer Beware

2009 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Buyer Beware
By BADCHOICE on

2009 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

One month ago I purchased a 2009 Ford escape from a local dealer. Before the first payment was made, it was un- driveable. The vehicle started but there were no power locks/Windows/radio/cdplayer, and the emergency brake light was illuminated on the dash yet the brake was disengaged. The shifter would not move, it was locked in park. Apparently it's a faulty computer module that is a widespread problem with the 2009's. So widespread, in fact, that the part is on back-order from the mother-ship in the states, and they have no idea when it's going to be in. Could be 6hrs, 6days or6mons. The seal on the module leaked water and the components completely corroded inside. Good work Ford, I will never buy another!

Hmm favorite features. It'd be nice if I even remembered what it looked like! I've been driving a rental longer than I drove my new vehicle that I'm now paying big bucks for. Less than 2 weeks & 1000 km and it quits. Give me a break.

Ford needs to get their act together, maybe think about designing & building a quality product instead of just lining their pockets and screwing over the consumer! Don't buy Ford you will be sorry! Should have kept my 2000 neon on the road, I could probably get in it and drive to bc and back no problem