Loving it.
By TM on
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have never been a Ford fan until now. Sold my VW Golf TDI, bought this vehicle 4 weeks ago and totally love it. We took it on a 4800 mile road trip for 2 weeks and it performed beautifully. We drove through many 11,000ft+ mountain passes, passed trucks and had plenty of power to spare. The low gear was a huge benefit on the mountain descents. The handling is responsive and it feels solid on the road. Ride is smooth and it absorbs the road better than I expected. For our trip we averaged 31mpg. Not bad at all. I do find my "in town" driving milage a little lower since most roads in my area aren't flat. I average 28mpg in town. The pop up back glass is very helpful when traveling with a dog.
Favorite Features
Love the aux input for my i-pod and AC plug in (battery chargers for cameras, laptop, phones, i-pod). Display is easy to read and location is helpful up on the dash. The center console is huge. Great layout and storage. Seats are very comfortable. Lots of cabin room. Sharp styling.
Suggested Improvements
The headrests. I find they angle forward too much and they unfortunately don't rotate for adjustment. I've had to turn the head rests around backwards. It looks a little funny but works better for me. Wish the glove box was a tad larger. It is so small.