2013 Ford C-Max Energi 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - What a surprise!

2013 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon - Consumer Review

What a surprise!
By basilc on

2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's been more than thirty years since I last bought an American made car and I'm so glad that Ford designed and brought to market the C-Max Energi. The car is a technological marvel. Besides the excellent mileage and the ease it runs between EV and gas modes, the car is actually fun to drive. The innovations that Ford has introduced, along with the smart features this car possesses, makes it a great way to travel. The car is well made, has great visibility, a quiet cabin, and lots of appointments that came standard. I have investigated many brands and models and found none that offer what the C-Max Energi offers.

Favorite Features

The EV/Auto/EV Later modes make this car extremely efficient. I have used less than 1/4 tank of gas and have driven over 1,100 miles. It is perfect for in-city driving. With overnight charging at home and occasional Blink charging while out and about, I have driven mostly gas free. The Ford mobile app plus the Ford touch screen make it easy to check the status of your car - from it's health report to the air in the tires to the amount of energy remaining in the battery. Ford Sync has also been a pleasant surprise, and it is easy and intuitive to use.

Suggested Improvements

Better marketing by Ford. I can't believe that so may people are unaware of this car. Ford is beginning to advertize the hybrid model, but when I say I have a plug-in model, most of my friends have never heard of it. A well kept secret that Ford should start letting more people know about.