2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
Fiat sport
By perrusquiald on 05/17/11 09:16 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my car last weekend and I'm happy. the car is great, fun to drive and great gas saver, I got 4 stars for the reliability because the car is new to America but I don't have any complains. You need to drive this car before you buy the mini cooper, this is better buy for the money and looks great.

Prima Edizione
By limee on 05/04/11 15:14 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had wanted this car for years, so finally Fiat arrives back in the US. I was too late in the signing up process to get the first 500 models but managed to purchase one from a local dealer at MSRP which was good seeing as sellers are generally asking 2-3 thousand over MSRP. Now have it in my possession and it reminds me of all the other Fiats and Alfa's I have owned over the years, in that it definitely has character. The styling is fantastic and very eye catching. Its a fun car to drive and a car that involves the driver more than other cars in the same class that I had test driven. Has a few niggles (Hey its Italian!) but they are niggles I can live with, because it has my soul!

You have to Drive this car!!!
By mikebnascar8 on 04/30/11 11:25 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Lounge 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first impression was to laugh at this car, it was tiny and looked 'different'. I never thought that I would Love driving it! The 6-speed Italian made tip-tronic automatic is a brilliant transmission! Shifts when you want it to & gives you a great power band. It's 101hp, so your not going to win any drag races... but you can throw this car into any corner, on ramp or off ramp almost at any speed and it will just go exactly where you point it! I was baffled by how amazing this car handled! In the sport mode, you will notice a difference in throttle response, shift points and steering feel. The Bose radio is amazing, the overall quality of the car is unparrelled in this price range!

Zippity Doo Dah!
By drmac_uk_us on 04/22/11 10:46 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

OK, I had a Honda S2000: twitchy, fun, a tad evil. BUT the SO did not fit, the ride was rougher than roller skates on cobblestones, and a boring commute didn't warrant keeping it. (sigh.) - The 500-Sport (manual, natch) is zippy, fun, and a real kick to drive. It's comfortable, and Mr. 6'2" CAN fit into the pax seat. (0-60 in lots of seconds is OK in FUN seconds) There's a lot of down-shifting (even at highway speeds), it tends to jack-rabbit from stop, and I've not pushed the traction in rain. But it gets me to work with a smile. - Free for 36K miles, the free road-service is better than AAA premium. Nice sunroof, and the Bose rocks.

try it ,you'll like it
By pbuehler on 04/06/11 06:51 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Lounge 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

just got through driving the sport version and it was pretty good. the driving position was more comfortable for my 6'2" frame that either the corolla or fit and had a softer feel to the interior. the sport is , sporty ,with painted brakes,ground effect panals and bigger wheels. it handled so cal freeways, and it's big trucks ,with no problem and with 4 adults aboard it got around just fine. really, go drive one.

Great car
By breinke on 03/10/11 18:05 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just drove this car today, and I have never driven a manual. It felt very easy to drive and very comfortable. Although it doesn't have much power, I didn't feel like I was going to be run over by a big texas truck or not be able to keep up with traffic. I did not sit in the back, but It looked like it could do a good job of hauling people under six feet.

Fun, Cute but No Power
By edcg on 03/03/11 14:45 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been waiting for this car to come to the US ever sense the positive review on TopGear. The US Spec Sport version version looks nice and is comfortable but lacks real oomph from the engine. This car is still on my short list BUT I'm going to wait for the Abarth variant.

Italy has returned!!
By carfreak24 on 02/20/11 14:58 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Lounge 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

First off, I haven't driven this car, but I've seen it at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show. I absolutely love the styling of this car! When spending time in it at the auto show I first realized how comfortable this car was. I am looking for a car that is affordable, stylish, and good on gas mileage. I can't wait to be able to drive the car and see how it performs. When checking the car over I could just tell that it was built with fine craftmenship and the materials used are like a luxury car's materials. People should defently consider this before buying any competetive car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback in VA is:

$135 per month*