Used 2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

Great Piccolo!!!
By elcano1

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a little more than a year that I get my 500 Sport, after 15,000 miles my wife and I are so happy with it, is like a go-kart, is too much fun, easy to park "zero" problems and great service from our dealer. I'm looking for the Abarth in the next future. Esta de rompe"m". Existen vehiculos mas rapidos pero no tan divertidos para manejar.

Favorite Features

USB Connection, Blue Tooth, the fog lights, everything is enjoyable.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe some changes in the locking system could improve the great experience.

Fiat driver for life
By juniperarnold

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Fiat 500 sport in May of last year. It came right off of the showroom floor. They placed my requested aftermarket rims on the car and it came with the Italian stripes down the side. Leather seats and a white and black dash. The design and colors are stunning together. The manual makes the car very quick and fun to drive. I would never buy an automatic Fiat. I drive my car through downtown Atlanta then on the interstate during my 30 mile one way commute. Never had a problem and the ride is very comfy. If you take care of your car and love it, it will do the same for you. This car is absolutely perfect.

Favorite Features

Colors and choices between graphics like the mini cooper. Sport button is great in the mountains. Comfy seats and pretty of room to go to Ikea when back seats are folded down. Attention getter. Bose sound system. Quick of the brakes when in bad traffic.

Suggested Improvements

Cannot think of anything

NO BUENO!!
By penelope_ptstp

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car had to have engine replaced at 10K miles and had transmission problems at 16K miles.

Favorite Features

It's girly, cute, great gas mileage

CUTE! I LOVE IT!
By skuzziboi1

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

So I was pretty stoked when I bought this car, its way cute and fun to drive! The only issue I have with it are the very cheap interior fixtures. A common breaking item is the armrest, yeah, dealer said its a common issue and is covered under warranty, havent taken it in just yet so well see for sure later. Also, the under seat drawer handel broke on me :-/ I was very dissappointed to find that the Pop Models do not come equipped with Blue&Me, even though edmunds states that its a standard feature. Also if you squeen the upper lining of the cabin, it feels literally like its made of egg cartons and cheap felt :-( needless to say, super CUTE car at a great price, sucky cheap interior.

Favorite Features

Its cuteness...

Suggested Improvements

If your gonna state something is standard, MAKE IT STANDARD!!!

Another Happy Camper
By lovinmyfiatt

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I also bought my Fiatt on a whim which is very unusual for me. I had done a lot of internet research and was ready for a change. One drive of the Fiatt 500 and I was sold. I loved the variety of colors, the nimble handling, the pick up and the dealership was decent. One thing that was very important was to buy fun with comfort and this car delivers. It's small, but you are not sitting on the ground. I am 5 ft. 6 and it's just an even turn and sit to be in the drivers' seat. My driving is about 70/30 highway/city and I am getting about 35 to the gallon. Then final deciding factor will be how it handles the roads in the winter, otherwise I am 100% happy.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, nimble turn radius.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better drink holder. Two large drinks cannot fit in the front holder.