2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Consumer Reviews 5

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
Made me smile - UNTIL…
By freefall1 on 12/21/11 14:10 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Fiat made me smile too, until it began having issues. Basically cold start problems, but finally a stall in traffic. In so many ways, the Fiat is a super little car, but if it isn't reliable, it isn't in the running. I've sold mine and have no seller's remorse except for the monitory loss.

Cheerful fun
By 740driver on 12/08/11 14:12 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

For years I considered buying a Mini Cooper but every time I drove one the rough ride and heavy steering made me walk away. The Fiat is much more civilized, especially on bumpy city streets in places like Washington, DC. The steering is light, making the car feel lighter and more agile than the Mini. With the ivory colored steering wheel, seat trim and headliner the Fiat is a delightful place to be. For me, the cheerfulness of the Fiat sold me over the aggressiveness of the Mini.

Loving the Fiat!
By scottishere on 11/06/11 21:46 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I actually got a Pop with the automatic transmission. This car is fun to drive and definitely gets noticed on the freeways. It definitely does not feel like a cheap car. It's well-built and solid on the road. I traded in a mid-sized sedan for my Fiat, so I expected a big adjustment. The car doesn't feel tiny inside. I have lots of head room (I didn't get the sunroof) and I've been able to find a comfortable driving position. You sit high in this car. It's not a road-burner, but it scoots along pretty well. The SPORT option firms up the steering and adjusts the way the 6-speed transmission shifts gears.

No buyer's remorse!
By crushlawtx on 08/15/11 15:56 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2008 Infiniti G35 for a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport in Rame with brown leather interior, and I could not be happier with my purchase. It's comfortable, fun to drive, and beautiful. I rarely go anywhere without someone asking me to look in my car in parking lots. I'm averaging over 31 mpg's with the automatic transmission on mostly city driving. I've had the car nearly two months now, and I don't have a single gripe. It's an absolutely amazing little car!

Don't be fooled ... check these out first
By archi2 on 08/03/11 09:39 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Lounge 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Fiat 500 Lounge in May 2011 and traded it in in July 2011. I continued to have problems with the vehicle since my purchase. Lemon? The service manager says it would take up to a year before it would even qualify as a lemon. I had 8 problems to be resolved at my first visit with the Fiat mechanic. Only one was resolved - the clicking noise on the driver door whenever opening. Apparently a loose screw. The other seven? The Fiat mechanic says for all seven, "Normal Condition. No Fix." The worst of the seven was being thrown around in a freeway lane, and not because of trucks or wind.

2012 500 sport (manual)
By pd14_98 on 08/03/11 08:03 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a new Fiat fan for life! The 500 sport is a winner for me. Very reliable, very peppy & fun to drive, very economical, and very beautiful. I get 44 mpg on highway drives with the A/C on...this car easily exceeds the EPA rating for highway milage. Driving in the city is closer to the EPA rating (30-32 mpg in true bumper to bumper city driving). Even though I did not have a big budget, I am very happy I bought the Sport with a few options (18,600) and not the Pop. The sport has exceptionally comfortable seats and adds so much extra equipment for a small premium that it was worth getting over the Pop...I strongly recommend this car to everyone who admires it.

Wow--Exceeded all expectations
By eidnas on 06/24/11 12:05 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Lounge 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have the 500 Lounge; the retro interior is great. Very comfortable seats. The sport driving option changes the entire driving dynamic on curving & hilly back roads. For a small wheel base car, the ride, handle and power is superior. It is surprisingly very stably at freeway speeds.

Texas 500
By toaot500 on 06/23/11 20:00 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I ve had my car for about a month and I am enamored with it! It drives like a much sportier and expensive car you feel the bumps but only slightly most of it is absorbed. I cant tell you how much I love the way the interior looks like it came from a Maserati. I ve had alot of cars in the past but this one is actually my favorite so far. It may not be the fastest on the road but you never get the impression that its not. I was going for the Sport model because I liked the wheels and the body kit but the differences, between it and the Pop are minimal in performance (I've test driven both in a manual). Both have a sport button like the Mini that make the small 1.4l come alive. GAS SAVER!

Makes me smile
By fiatscooter on 06/09/11 20:13 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my sport last Saturday and I am very happy with the purchase. It has style and is tons of fun to drive. My commute seems to have been shortened. I definitely would recommend this car to anyone looking for an inexpensive and fuel efficient alternative in the usa. Great job Fiat!

Fiat sport
By perrusquiald on 05/17/11 09:16 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my car last weekend and I'm happy. the car is great, fun to drive and great gas saver, I got 4 stars for the reliability because the car is new to America but I don't have any complains. You need to drive this car before you buy the mini cooper, this is better buy for the money and looks great.