Used 2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

Disenchanted
By rooster007

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Lounge 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2012 Lounge that I bought brand new and I am the only driver. I put 1000 km a week on my Fiat. Average 80km/hour. I have just over 141,000 km on the car and have been told by the dealer that the CV shaft (right and/or left) are toast and that maybe the transmission will also need replacing. I have a front end wobble at 65km/hour that goes away after 75km/hour. Anyone else have this problem? I'm looking at almost 6k to fix!!! This is ridiculous! I put over 480k on my toyota rav4, front wheel drive, 2 door coupe. This fiat should get at least 250k before I have problems like this.

FANTASTIC VEHICLE!
By bjv1440

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

First I have to say that my vehicle is an automatic; NOT a 5 speed manual. I'm not sure why there is no option for this model on the drop down. My wife drove a rental one to AZ and feel in Love with it! I surprised her with a gift of this one and she has put about 30,000 miles on it in the last year. She averages 42 mpg combined! On a recent trip I drove and we encountered some terrible weather outside of Wendover, NV. The POP drove right through the Heavy Wind and was NOT blown around when passing semis! This vehicle has TONS of room inside for being so small on the outside. Five people can fit comfortably for a trip! Way to go FiatChrysler!

Can't think of Anything that isn't done well!

Nothing I can think of!

So far so good.
By trojas001

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought My fiat 500 sport used with 30.000 miles on it. It now has 65,000 mile. After readying some negative reviews. All I can say that'ís truly unfortunate . So far my car has been running strong I drive my fiat daily commuting to work 60 miles every day. I take my car to my mechanic for its regular oil changes he also lubes and looks over everything and every time I go to pick up my car he lets me know that everything looks good. Nothing to be concerned about. For those who take their car to the dealership and have had bad experience you'íre better off going to your own mechanic you trust. I have the best mechanic . There are some things that disappoint me about my fiat, as you all kno

I like the way the car handles around curves.

better interior

Never again!!!
By prizm2356

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Horrible. Needs engine replaced at 34,000 miles due to a cracked head. Check engine light flashing all the time, arm rest broke off, ball joint in front so bad it failed safety inspection. Both emblems front and back fading out.

QUALITY CONTROL!!! I have owned so many cars and never had anything like this happen, years ago I bought a brand new Ford Aspire and I drove that car for 9 years wide open and it never gave me a problem.

Sad to have raved about it
By carreview5

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this car I was really excited and raved about it to all my friends. I expected nothing but great things from this little car and really started saving a lot of money in Gasoline purchases. (Was getting 42+ MPG by driving reasonably and not being aggressive with it, it’s not a racer) 27,000 miles into it, the clutch failed (in rush hour traffic no less) and Fiat claims that it was just worn out. All calls for Customer Service ended in no help what-so-ever. Fiat is not ready to return to the American car market. Do not purchase this car. The clutch replacement at the studio costs 10 percent of the price of the car.

It was Blue

Check out the NHTSA website. 6 of 41 (at the time of this writing) safety complaints are the clutch failing in traffic.

• SUV