Used 2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

Fiat 500-The City Dweller
By heiliner1

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Our household has two 2012 Fiat 500 Pops, 20 serial numbers apart. Both vehicles have around 2000 miles on them. On one vehicle the oxygen sensor has failed. On the other vehicle the glove box is out of alignment. We bought these Fiats because they are cute, easy to get in and out of, easy to park, and had low initial purchase prices. Considering the standard features there wasn't another car in that size range that offered as much.

Probably the most significant feature of the Fiat 500 is that it will illicit smiles from pedestrians and commuters alike. How can you not smile back at a car smiling at you? I could rave all day about the Fiat 500 manual transmission, it is the smoothest transmission I have ever shifted. The basic motor has plenty of get up and go. As parking stalls become smaller in Seattle the Fiat 500 shows itself off in tight parking spaces, narrow parking stalls, and wiggling in and out of traffic. The turning radius is like driving a warehouse fork lift. Visibility is quite good. On 92 octane fuel both cars are getting between 34-36 mpg.

I think Fiat/Chrysler is trying to get this car right for the United States. The Fiat 500 needs a passenger arm rest, and headliner hold handles. The cars being produced in Mexico need higher final quality control checks like headlights out of adjustment, and misaligned glove boxes. Blue and Me ( Fiat Bluetooth) needs to function better with Smart Phones. Neither of our cars will read text messages... using Android 4.1.2 or iPhone 3.

Great Piccolo!!!
By elcano1

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a little more than a year that I get my 500 Sport, after 15,000 miles my wife and I are so happy with it, is like a go-kart, is too much fun, easy to park "zero" problems and great service from our dealer. I'm looking for the Abarth in the next future. Esta de rompe"m". Existen vehiculos mas rapidos pero no tan divertidos para manejar.

USB Connection, Blue Tooth, the fog lights, everything is enjoyable.

Maybe some changes in the locking system could improve the great experience.

Fiat driver for life
By juniperarnold

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Fiat 500 sport in May of last year. It came right off of the showroom floor. They placed my requested aftermarket rims on the car and it came with the Italian stripes down the side. Leather seats and a white and black dash. The design and colors are stunning together. The manual makes the car very quick and fun to drive. I would never buy an automatic Fiat. I drive my car through downtown Atlanta then on the interstate during my 30 mile one way commute. Never had a problem and the ride is very comfy. If you take care of your car and love it, it will do the same for you. This car is absolutely perfect.

Colors and choices between graphics like the mini cooper. Sport button is great in the mountains. Comfy seats and pretty of room to go to Ikea when back seats are folded down. Attention getter. Bose sound system. Quick of the brakes when in bad traffic.

Cannot think of anything

NO BUENO!!
By penelope_ptstp

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car had to have engine replaced at 10K miles and had transmission problems at 16K miles.

It's girly, cute, great gas mileage

CUTE! I LOVE IT!
By skuzziboi1

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

So I was pretty stoked when I bought this car, its way cute and fun to drive! The only issue I have with it are the very cheap interior fixtures. A common breaking item is the armrest, yeah, dealer said its a common issue and is covered under warranty, havent taken it in just yet so well see for sure later. Also, the under seat drawer handel broke on me :-/ I was very dissappointed to find that the Pop Models do not come equipped with Blue&Me, even though edmunds states that its a standard feature. Also if you squeen the upper lining of the cabin, it feels literally like its made of egg cartons and cheap felt :-( needless to say, super CUTE car at a great price, sucky cheap interior.

Its cuteness...

If your gonna state something is standard, MAKE IT STANDARD!!!