2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Perfect car
By raypierce on 11/18/12 07:52 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. The dirty little secret is that the Stratus R/T coupe is built on the Eclipse GTS platform. So you get the American muscle body lines, with the Japanese reliability. I bought this car used at 100K miles, and it now has 210K miles with 0 problems. These are really built rock solid. Performance is also great and the suspension is a lot beefier than the eclipse. Please note, that these cars are completely different from the sedans. Which were built by Dodge. The only downside is that these cars are very rare. If you want a Stratus R/T coupe in manual....you are going to have a hard time finding one, since according to Dodge they built only 750 of these per year.

Great car
By Old man on 08/17/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new, 275,000 miles, no squeaks, rattles or recalls. 30 MPG on trips, embarrass a couple Mustang GT (to about 40 mph). Only unusual repair was replaced radiator.

Love it
By Kendra on 11/09/09 10:11 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second Stratus I have owned and I still love it! My car has 175000 miles on it and it still is running strong. No leaks at all. I bought it used with a little under 150k miles on it. To my knowledge the only major part to be replaced is the clutch. The car doesn't handle the greatest, but then again it isn't a sports car (though I like to drive it like one). I mostly drive short trips around town and I get consistently 25 mpg. When I am traveling I get up to 28 mpg. The trunk space is fantastic! I have a big speaker box, and a wheelchair, and I can still fit all my groceries in there too! This car can hold it's own when it comes to power. If you can shift you can win!

Good car with great mods
By sam on 07/06/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car for my wife, we have had it for 6 months and the only thing it has needed was an oil change. It came with after market mods like act Clitch and AEM air intake and Borla exhaust system. And aftermarket stereo system.

Dodge needs some work
By collegemike1 on 06/15/08 21:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car 05/2006 and when I test drove the car it was flawless. I fell in love! But months down the road, one thing after another happened. First it was the awful windshield complications, then the noisy dashboard which in actuality cracked somehow, the brake rotors I have to constantly get replaced, the rear view mirror wiring is really awful I have to rig it everyday just to get light in my car at night, my radio completely went out had to completely buy a new radio system, motor mount, don't even get me started on engine complications. Too much to detail. Couldn't pay me enough to buy another Dodge. Wouldn't recommend Dodge. Period.

A/C nightmare
By M. Shot on 04/21/08 04:53 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Stratus R/T for 2.5 years and 3 dealership have not been able to fix the A/C. The last dealer to attempt to fix it told me they were on the phone with the engineers in Detroit. Apparently they don't know how to fix the A/c either. I've also had the wiring harness for the automatic rear view dimmer and map lights replaced. They still only work half the time. Other than that the car isn't all that bad.

Best value for the money, stylish, and unique
By RT in NJ on 03/24/07 16:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car will provide you the best value for your dollars. The car is so stylish and head turner. People will ask if it's really a Dodge. A lot of power and fun to drive, either. This car is awesome!

Reliable car
By Flo on 03/18/07 15:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased my Stratus R/T in 2002 w/about 2K miles. It's now 3/2007 and I have 214K miles on it. So far, I've had no problems with the car. The only repairs that were done to it were those necessary due to wear and tear. Thank God it has a Mitsubitshi engine...if it were a Dodge/Chrysler engine, I don't think the car would have lasted this long.

i love my little sports car
By courtney on 02/25/07 02:55 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

i love my little sports car. I fell in love with it the first time that I drove it and knew I had to have it. It has the perfect amount of get up and go and can get you in lots of trouble if you're not careful. Knock on wood that I have not had any trouble since I bought it. Now that I have gotten married I need a bigger car but I just can not stand the thought of someone else getting my baby. If I could I would keep it as my little run around car. Also I was told that I would not get better than 25 mpg on the highway. Well my little silver sports car fooled them. I get 31 mpg. I am very satisfied.

I loved it, just a couple minor issues.
By Chris Jensen on 01/19/07 09:48 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought one of the first cars available. I loved the muscle car look. I buy my cars probably 75% on appearance first and go from there. The Dodge Stratus R/T has been fun to drive and still is. As far as problems in my fourth year as a Florida resident (heat) my dash started cracking in 3 spots and continues to worse all the time. The turning radius is awful with all the U-turns required in Florida. Front bumper catches on parking curbs constantly almost ripping it up. Other than these minor issues the rest of the car has been awesome and at that time in my life would do over again.

1 2 3 4 5 next »