Used 2005 Dodge Sprinter Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Sprinter - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:

Lumbar damage
By jon

2005 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 High Roof 158 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

If you drive this vehicle for more than 1 year as a work vehicle 8-16 hr a day because of its design you will have back problem because of the rough and the way the seating are made. I know I am one who wish I never drove one for a work vehicle. There are no safety test on this vehicle crash test or no safety data

Driving can be fun
By jmiller

2005 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 118 WB 3dr Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Most of my driving is on the interstate highways. I have no trouble passing other vehicles as long as I don't try going over 85 mph. It won't. I love it's small turning radias. U- turns are no problem. And it's great being up so high that you can see over most of the other traffic. I am very happy with my cargo van.

Favorite Features

Easy turning. Lots of room. I can stand up in it and this makes loading and unloading so much easier on the back. The gas mileage is great!

Suggested Improvements

A shade visor that can be moved to the side window. A better sound system.

Lemon?
By Mike

2005 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 High Roof 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

In 11 months of ownership, I've had the A/C compressor replaced, the engine control sensor replaced, had the vehicle towed once because it wouldn't start, and now when I turn on my right turn signal, my dash lights flash. When my headlights are on, the right turn signal doesn't blink. I've also got rust spots coming through the side panels.

Favorite Features

Great vehicle to work out of.

Dodge Sprinter
By Bob

I bought a new Sprinter van 158 in. Wheelbase (cargo) right after hurricane Wilma flooded my step van. I brought it home started building shelves and tool storage for my business. Just got it done and the transmission goes out. After almost three weeks I have it back with a whole new transmission and I hope it stays running. It's a nice truck, low power, but I guess thatís what you trade to get good mileage. The whole truck is thin sheet metal, I mean thin ! And there is rust showing on the roof of mine with less than 1000 miles on it. Also there is no frame unibody to save weight and improve mileage but not longevity in my opinion. It does go down the road good. It was noisy until I put in a bulkhead

Favorite Features

Good fuel ecomomy, standing head room, good ride

Suggested Improvements

Parts on hand for the trucks they sell & better quality control also more rust prevention.

Fun until it breaks
By Big Silver Box

2005 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 118 WB 3dr Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

It is fun to drive, handles great and pulls my 4k pound camper ok, and until 2 weeks ago I couldn't say enough good things about it. Then one morning it would not start, and to make a long story short, it has been sitting at the dealers now for 2 weeks waiting for a part. The part, they tell me is on national back order, which means that there isn't one in the whole country! How in the world can they sell these trucks as work vehicles and not have parts for them? If you use your van to make your living you may want to wait untill they get their parts network straightened out before you buy one. All the good featurs of this van mean nothing if you can't fix it asap when it breaks down.

Favorite Features

It is fun to drive, it handles much better then you would think.The room inside is awesome. When towing my camper, it's not a rocket but it's not a rock either.