2004 Dodge Sprinter - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:
25oo dodge sprinter
By splinter4 on 11/09/11 16:43 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Sprinter 2500 High Roof 158 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought a 2004 Dodge Sprinter new in 2006, had 500 miles on it. This is the most un reliable vehicle I have ever owned, always something, front ac unit condenser, burned out 2 alternators, driveshaft carrier bearing, then the driveshaft, viabration in driveline somewhere, now the rear end or wheel bearing or ? sounds like I have mud grips on rear. I have driven to 130K miles, I expected to get 250K but I cant stand this pos. Costs a fortune to maintain. I heard that UPS crushed their Sprinters at 120K miles because of maintenance and downtime.

Problems, problems, problems!
By Fitz454 on 10/17/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

Vehicle is continually in the shop and because there are very few Dodge dealerships that service it I have to drive it halfway across the state every time something goes wrong. I have had transmission leaks, transponder issues, turn signal issues, engine trouble lights, surface rust that they won't repair under warranty, AC pulley fell off, O2 sensor failures, etc. It has been so bad that they don't even list all the repairs on the sheet when I bring it in anymore. Fortunately I got the extended warranty but it's going to run out soon. I've read forums where people are having similar issues but every time I bring it to the dealership they say they never heard of these problems.

turbodiesel motor
By donhodgson on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

So far, with 30K miles, the Mercedes Sprinter has been very impressive. Fuel economy is over 25 mpg with a 3500 version. 13.5K service intervals for oil changes are a life saver, but pricey due to full synthetic oil being recommended. Only real annoyance is excessive front tire wear due to the factory alignment specs. Other than that, this vehicle is economical, surprisingly powerful.

fun fun fun
By jeffery550 on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

this is an overall good car

Not for everyone, but an amazing vehicle
By Love the Sprinter on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

So far, with 90K miles, the Sprinter has been very impressive. Fuel economy is over 20 mpg with a 3500 version with dual rear wheels. 10K service intervals for oil changes are a life saver, but pricey due to full synthetic oil being recommended. Only real annoyance is excessive front tire wear due to the factory alignment specs. Other than that, this vehicle is comfortable, nimble, economical, quiet, surprisingly powerful, and so far bulletproof. If you can live with the looks, and the fact that it won't fit in the garage, it is well worth the price premium over anything else on the road that thinks it can compare for both passenger and cargo service.