2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Great truck, great price

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

Great truck, great price
By Bob Martin on

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck simply looks amazing! The fit and finish is very tight. All gaps are straight and even. Dash layout is simple, straightfoward and easy to use. For a truck it's size, the gas mileage is on par but still shocking at first, expect 14MPG in mixed driving. Very comfortable family hauler, good for my small kids (needs rear headrest though). You will not notice the 3" they took from the bed; and bed is still a foot longer than the Ford s-crew. The rear is a little bouncy, but this is normal, with a load or 250lb weight in the back, handles like a sedan. I love this truck.

I always receive compliments; something that never happened with my previously owned Ford. Exhaust has a pleasant rumble without being obnoxious. Interior fit and finish very tight - I was surprised by Dodge, must be the Daimler influence. Lots of room for the price!

Engine adequate for regular transporting (what I use the truck for), but would be inadequate for "real" work. Better cruise control features (odd button pattern). Clearcoat a little soft.