2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
great lookin truck
By graypoppabear97 on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I originally owned a 2001 ram sport for a short time then traded in for the new ram and have since been more than satisfied. The ride is smooth, the tranny feels great, and the 20" wheels really set off the look of the truck overall. And dont be affraid of getting the smaller 4.7 ... it has plenty of get up and go for anyone, I like mine a lot..

Ridin High
By RamMan on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Ive only had it a few weeks but i love it.I traded my 2000 dakota 4wd for it and man what a difference.I love feeling like i am driving a big solid truck.Nothing against the dakota but the 1500 is what i think of as a real truck.

The Best
By NIT1195 on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great ride, superb comfort all the way around. This is whata truck should look and drive like. I have only had it for 2000 miles (2 1/2 months) but feel very confident on the quality of the truck.

ram
By mcd2000 on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

it is fast

New stiffer frame means less rattles?
By doubler on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The door panels rattle, the dash rattles, the cup holder rattles. It has been to the dealer several times and they cannot fix so now they claim they cannot hear any. On some roads like I45 between Houston and Dallas, at higher speeds, the rear of the truck bounces really bad (Ithought the rear axle was coming off). I have heard this is common. The gas mileage is terrible (4.7L w/ auto tranny). I get only 14 on hwy. The radio controls are a stretch, whick I frequently use to drown out the rattles.

Nice Ride Lots of Room 20in rims a Must
By Van395 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this over a Chevy Avalanche. Reasons: If you like plastic buy the Chevy. FYI I had prior to the Dodge a 95 Z71 Ext Cab for the last 7 years I like Chevy but to raise the price and make the product more plastic? Ford was out. The Dodge with the new steering is great. The ride is nice so was the Avalanche, which I thought, drove like a caddy. If you want that buy the caddy. This is a truck were talking about. I bought the SLT Sport (20in Rims NICE) in a Quad Cab 4x4 and got it for 3K less than the Chevy and with the 7-year pwr/wrnt. Also 4 wheel disc Brakes

Outstanding
By brown311 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding

Works for Me
By MiKe on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my Ram almost 2 months now and have roughly 8,000 miles on it (lots of highway driving). I love it. Killer good looks, out handles chevy, ford and the toy. Room is great both front and back with the exception of the center console which intrudes on rear passenger knee caps sometimes. They should allow it to be movable by just a few inches. I was very unimpressed with the power of the 5.9 as I came from a Dak R/T. Lags behind the Chevy and even the Ford. I went and added a Vortech Super Charger and have since been more than satisfied.

Best Truck
By hoggy on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Looks great and fun to drive! Recommend this truck to anyone. Its truly a truck fit for Texas!

Cool Ride
By Iceman on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I had a Dodge Dakota prior for over 7 years and it treated me great. Now they are smaller with the new design. I had to stepup to the BIG BOY, I LOve to drive it had over 3000 miles in less than 2 months. The changes to the 2002 model are for the best, it's a Excellant Adventure!!!