2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (84 reviews )
Pocket Rocket
By Matt on 07/16/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Really fun to drive. Has the power of a V8 without the long nose or heavy feel, and the utility of 4 doors for those with a family. I still smile everytime it comes time to hop in it and go somewhere.

SRT-4
By SRT4Mom on 07/09/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have fallen in love with driving my SRT-4. I am not quite the target demographic, but have had many comments made on how cool the car looks. I enjoy driving it, and love the power, and still am able to enjoy reasonable gas mileage. I have never had a problem with this car, and love the performance. It works well as a family ca,r as well as a fun car.

The Pocket Rocket
By David Cox on 06/09/05 20:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the best performing car that you can buy for the money out there in the market today. The car goes from 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, whichh is better them the Chevy SS.

Dodge surprise of the century
By Dodger on 05/27/05 23:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent power, serious fun to drive. You can't find anything better than this unless you spend $10k more and move up to the $30k range to get a Evo or STI. I simply can't think of a car under $30k that can beat the performance of SRT-4. If you are tight on cash and want serious performance, this is your choice. If you are loaded and don't want to park your M3 around the train station every morning, SRT-4 is the only car that you can enjoy driving (and the thrill) and won't feel too bad to find a scratch on it after you return from work.

GLH deja vu
By C Howard on 05/10/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Reminds me of a GLH I had except its an updated version. Am having a little trouble with hearing distributor noise through the stereo system, otherwise no problems ..I have the live n loud system. Whenever I drive the car ...it puts a grin on my face.Just as my GLH did.

Fun to drive/watch your speed!
By Frank Walton on 04/28/05 00:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My previous vehicle was an Audi A-4. So, I was quite apprehensive about getting into a Neon! One drive and I was hooked. The SRT-4 actually has more interior room than my A-4 did. However, gas mileage suffers because of the performance characteristics of this particular model. Ride quality is quite harsh around town but is very reassuring at speed on the highway.

SRT-4 Review
By Vooduguru on 04/20/05 11:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had this car for a little over a year and I must say it's a hoot. The only thing I would have changed from the factory is a 1 inch wider wheel. If you want stellar fuel economy, buy a Honda. Interior is on par with others in the class regardless of what other publications tell you. The seats are amazing, and your body has no idea the car is cornering hard other than the visual references that are coming through the windscreen. Dodge has definitely hit a home run with this compact beast. No one can compete stock for stock in the price range even for a few grand more. You'll enjoy this car even if you have an abusive history with your vehicles.

Deal of the century
By cameron131 on 04/02/05 08:37 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I drive the Dodge SRT-4 ~400 miles a week. First let me say this car is seriously fast. The suspension is tight which makes handling incredible but it has a downside, when you hit a bump or hole your teeth are almost jarred out of your mouth. The shifting from the five speed manaul trans is smooth for the price. Braking is strong its amazing how short a distance you can stop in. The fin in the back I don't like I call it the park bench and I'm seriously thinking about removing it. Changing the oil is a mission because you can't get a oil filter wrench on the filter, because its squeeze in between the engine block and the oil cooler.

One quick Neon
By Cole Johnson on 03/26/05 15:58 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Although I have not had my SRT-4 for very long, I can say that this car is not your ordinary Neon. The car has plenty of power to back up the fact that it is still a Neon. Not to mention the car handles extremely well from the factory. Overall I am very impressed thus far a look forward to further enhance the performance of my SRT-4 in the future.

Amazed at a good Dodge product
By frank on 03/15/05 01:47 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is awesome. It's very loud, but that's the only complaint I've had so far. Most of the noise is due to the tires, which I'll replace once they're worn out. Overall, incredibly fast, good handling, very comfortable ride. Lack some amenities inside, but for the price and performance, I don't miss them.