Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Quiet Neon
By Mike L

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the Neon SXT new in September 2005. This is August 2009 and not a bit of trouble. It rides, handles, and performs better that I expected for a small car. It has the deluxe insulation group and is quiet. I had the car rust proofed (Ziebart & Sound Barrier). At 56,000 miles replaced the tires with one size larger Goodyear ComforTred tires. The car is now very quiet (no..not exactly Lexus quiet)and even more comfortable for our drives across Michigan to see our grandkids. The car consistently returns 36-37 MPG on the freeway at 70 MPH. I have had a several people tell me what a nice, comfortable small car this is. We like this car very much.

Favorite Features

The car looks good and is smooth running. Feels like a larger car. The standard sound system has lots of bass.

Suggested Improvements

Power rear windows would be great. I miss the glove box light (it is not even available from the dealer as an after market item)

Surprisingly Great Little Car
By Luann

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because it was a super clean, low-mileage trade-in at the dealership. It fit my budget and commuting needs. This car corners well and has good giddy-up when I need to excel to get onto the freeway or pass another car. It turns on a dime so parking is a breeze. Great stereo sound is a plus. I love this car! The reading lamps are great too, housed within the rear-view mirror, like those a lot!

Favorite Features

I get compliments on how cute this car is. I bought the black one. It has dual exhaust, spoiler, and hood vent. It looks sporty and fast. Now if it only had a v-8 under the hood! LOL

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a little better quality seats with better lumbar support.

Buy extended warranty
By Jeff

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Traded a 99 model for this 05,mainly for upgrades.At 19000 miles the temperature gauge quit working.Gauge is part of $515 instrument cluster. Had Chrysler max care extended warranty so cost me $100 to fix. These cars were after all the cheapest Chrysler made,so an extended warranty is a good idea.Also they were most likely the only cars Chrysler actually made any money on and stopping production was kind of stupid in my opinion. Not saying it would have kept them out of bankruptcy procedings but who knows. Maybe they will bring it back as a Fiat!

Favorite Features

Stereo,handling

Suggested Improvements

N/A

Our neon named "Dimples"
By koneill

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new back in 2005 and now in 2009 it has 115,000 miles and have had no problems so far (knock on wood). Take yearly trips cross country with the kids and get good gas mileage. The only complaint is all the dents from wildlife running into it, polls jumping in front of it and carts that are attracted to it. I am waiting for everything to start falling apart on it Dimples, but so far, I have love this car and am attached to it.

Favorite Features

Love the 5-speed, dual exhaust and the looks I get when I drive it around our small town.

Suggested Improvements

Built in DVD player for the kids (and myself), built-in cooler in the armrest, steering wheel cooler/warmer and rocket power to fly over traffic.

2nd Amazing Neon, still have the first !
By Dodge Man

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely excellent little car. 20,000 miles so far, w/o a hitch. 30 city/37 hwy with 5 speed. I'd never own an automatic anything! I own a '95 model, purchased new in April of '94. Still going strong with 115,000 miles.... I take very good care of my equipment and it lasts.

Favorite Features

MPG...always....more comfy than the older one, bigger trunk and more passenger room....

Suggested Improvements

more insulation from road noise....