2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
2003 SRT4 yellow
By bo grizz on 01/25/05 03:52 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Awesome car love to drive it every chance I get. The price is great and will outrun a lot of cars that cost a lot more. When you need the power it's there. I am 60 years old and it reminds me of the 60's era. All I say to people is to get in one and test drive it and you will see what I mean, it is one mean machine.

Great Performance
By Ed on 01/22/05 21:49 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am very happy with this vehicle so far. The performance is great and it's a blast to drive. It should also include the stage one kit for 240 horsepower and WOT boost hold standard. I think a variable intake/exhaust timing and lift would help a lot. The worst feature is horrid fuel economy. I have averaged as bad as 20 mpg on pure highway driving and it has a rating of 30 mpg highway. My Sentra Spec V had a 28 mpg rating and I was getting 35mpg. Very disappointing

best new affordable car
By diane on 01/20/05 06:49 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our first new car. This car has plenty of room for our family. It is great on gas. The car is sporty lookiing and handles great. If you are looking for a nice looking car, buy this one. You won't regret it

Best Small Car Period
By Matthew on 01/02/05 03:45 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my pile of crap Chevy Cavalier which basically fell apart on me for my terrific new solar yellow Dodge Neon SXT. The car has been a delightfull suprise so far. I haven't put too much mileage on my vehicle as of yet. The car's performance is perfect. Tranny is a bit clunky when starting up and shifting into drive but otherwise the car is near flawless. Do yourself a favor and buy a neon for the new year!

Wisp
By William Freisinger on 12/30/04 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Handles well. Has good pickup speed. Comfortable seating. Excellent sound system.

Great Overall Car! Best Purchase ever!!!
By Ken Mooney on 12/27/04 17:42 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car for the price!

Damn fun SRT-4
By Tom Wyse on 12/23/04 00:48 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just plain fun to drive! Nothing like performance AND mileage. I have gotten as good as 29 MPG and as low as 22 (driven with fun and gusto). I'd read a complaint about poor visibility with the rear spoiler, but find it fine unless I want to see over a 1/2 mile back. Now I want the SRT-10 pickup. The biggest single modification I made was to replace the engine mounts, that ELIMINATED any wheel hop.

Fun cheap car
By pap on 12/20/04 21:38 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car for almost a year. I LOVE IT. Plenty of room for modifications if your into that type of thing (this car is made for it) The best bang for buck for a compact rocket ship.

bang for the buck Rush!!
By handling guy on 12/18/04 15:03 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I finaly went out and drove the SRT-4 yesterday and was more than pleasantly supprised. Understeer was very minimal with considerable wheelspin on slower corners. But when I expected understeer the car clung to its line and glided exactly where I wanted it. High speed cornering was a little less impresive with the car seeming to wobble around and not want to keep a set but overall balance was excellent for a car in this class. Compared to the nissan spec-V the dodge has much less understeer on slower cornering and accelerated with a punch that the nissan didn't have. However on the high speed corners the SER seemed more set and planted at the limit. all in all I had a smile on my face.

Better than my Honda
By Blk Neon on 12/08/04 23:24 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car not the gas mileage I had hoped for. This car has a sporty look and handle very well. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun car to drive.