2005 Dodge Neon SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Neon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Sort Reviews by

Dodge Hot Rod
By Kurt

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is sharp looking. Has the sport suspension, wheels, tires, fog lights. Lots of power for the money. Fun to drive. Very responsive.

Favorite Features

Double overhead cam turbo charged with intercooler.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are a little uncomfortable.

2003 SRT4 yellow
By bo grizz

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Awesome car love to drive it every chance I get. The price is great and will outrun a lot of cars that cost a lot more. When you need the power it's there. I am 60 years old and it reminds me of the 60's era. All I say to people is to get in one and test drive it and you will see what I mean, it is one mean machine.

Favorite Features

The handling and cruising on a major highway. The seats are awesome and the instruments are nice looking.

Suggested Improvements

The shifting could be a little smoother along with a short throw shifter. Maybe power windows in the back. Change up the sunvisors a little.

Great Performance
By Ed

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am very happy with this vehicle so far. The performance is great and it's a blast to drive. It should also include the stage one kit for 240 horsepower and WOT boost hold standard. I think a variable intake/exhaust timing and lift would help a lot. The worst feature is horrid fuel economy. I have averaged as bad as 20 mpg on pure highway driving and it has a rating of 30 mpg highway. My Sentra Spec V had a 28 mpg rating and I was getting 35mpg. Very disappointing

Favorite Features

I love the turbo and the great build quality. The styling is also a nice upgrade over the Neon.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension should be stiffer and the rear end should be lowered an inch. It also needs 215/45 tires. It should also include the stage 1 kit for 240 horsepower standard. It could also use more boost in low rpm situations. I think a variable exhaust/intake timing + lift would help. Horrid fuel economy.

best new affordable car
By diane

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our first new car. This car has plenty of room for our family. It is great on gas. The car is sporty lookiing and handles great. If you are looking for a nice looking car, buy this one. You won't regret it

Best Small Car Period
By Matthew

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my pile of crap Chevy Cavalier which basically fell apart on me for my terrific new solar yellow Dodge Neon SXT. The car has been a delightfull suprise so far. I haven't put too much mileage on my vehicle as of yet. The car's performance is perfect. Tranny is a bit clunky when starting up and shifting into drive but otherwise the car is near flawless. Do yourself a favor and buy a neon for the new year!

Favorite Features

Small stocky stance, spoiler, brakes on a dime, has enough get up and go to beat just about anything on the road, comfortable to drive, terrific handling for a compact car.

Suggested Improvements

Auto windows for backseat passengers (get rid of those out of date manual windows).

Wisp
By William Freisinger

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Handles well. Has good pickup speed. Comfortable seating. Excellent sound system.

Favorite Features

Power sun roof. Aluminium wheels. Anti theft system. Tinted windows. Cruise control. Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Power rear windows and locks.

Great Overall Car! Best Purchase ever!!!
By Ken Mooney

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car for the price!

Damn fun SRT-4
By Tom Wyse

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just plain fun to drive! Nothing like performance AND mileage. I have gotten as good as 29 MPG and as low as 22 (driven with fun and gusto). I'd read a complaint about poor visibility with the rear spoiler, but find it fine unless I want to see over a 1/2 mile back. Now I want the SRT-10 pickup. The biggest single modification I made was to replace the engine mounts, that ELIMINATED any wheel hop.

Favorite Features

No particular item stands out, I love the entire package.

Suggested Improvements

Even wider tires! The factory tires are at their limit with only the stage one add-on, short ram intake and solid engine mounts.

Fun cheap car
By pap

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car for almost a year. I LOVE IT. Plenty of room for modifications if your into that type of thing (this car is made for it) The best bang for buck for a compact rocket ship.

Favorite Features

Motor, sporty interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better seat durabilty. Better suspension (easily fixed though)

bang for the buck Rush!!
By handling guy

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I finaly went out and drove the SRT-4 yesterday and was more than pleasantly supprised. Understeer was very minimal with considerable wheelspin on slower corners. But when I expected understeer the car clung to its line and glided exactly where I wanted it. High speed cornering was a little less impresive with the car seeming to wobble around and not want to keep a set but overall balance was excellent for a car in this class. Compared to the nissan spec-V the dodge has much less understeer on slower cornering and accelerated with a punch that the nissan didn't have. However on the high speed corners the SER seemed more set and planted at the limit. all in all I had a smile on my face.

Favorite Features

shifter felt great and side support on the seats was excellent. the front of the car looks mean and has the power to back it up. pedal placement is good for heel toe and steering has just the right amount of resistance. and my favorite part- Minimal understeer and almost no torque steer

Suggested Improvements

stiffer spring ratios would help on the high speed corners. the car did not hold a set well and wobbled around all mushy like on its suspension. If the body was a little more stiffly sprung it might cut down on this. I would also like to see more adjustment on the seat to improve driving position