Used 2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Still going strong
By MikefromOkanagan

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

My wife got this car new and now I drive it. I average roughy 10,000 Kms (about 6200 miles) per year. My commute to work is mixed city and highway driving and the 3 speed auto box does just fine. With proper winters it's decent in the snow as well. Have had to replace some sensors and seals but nothing major and the car is 16 years old. My mechanic uses aftermarket sensors which are cheaper and have better quality seals. This one being the base with no ABS, traction control, power windows, power locks means theres less to go wrong.

2000 Dodge Neon
By leviathaan

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Dodge Neon automatic with 40,000 miles on it, it currently has 259,000. No real issues, replaced all 4 struts, rotors and 1 battery in the 7 years I've owned it. It has a slight tick in the engine, but other than that nothing wrong with this one, even after hearing all the horror stories, mine is still going. It still gets 30mpg in both the summer and winter.

Gas mileage is awesome at 30mpg, reliable. No major issues with engine or body.

Seats could use some more padding, wind noises on doors.

Love my lil Neon.
By simplyme

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan Highline 4dr Sedan

Love this lil thing! bought for 1800 as a commuter for school. Accidentally got a 3spd auto. but for living in a small town it does fine, I just avoid all hwy's. Parts are reasonably priced it's burnt orange manual everything cept auto obviously, but this lil nellie gets the job done no rain issues lights
stay off =)

Color, Pep, radio, durability. =)

bigger standard wheels. more options on base models

Awesome
By parker21

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

What a great little car! I bought it as my first car for $300 with 149000 miles not too bad for 12 years old. It has few problems but I heard neons are easy to work on. Its also very comfortable and more interior room and features compared to the older past generation neon. Hope to have this car for a long time and get it running in time to get my license wish me luck with my new car eveyone bye! 2000 Dodge neon ES Automatic

Been a very good car
By Barry

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

My wife bought the car with about 60,000 miles on it about 6 years ago. Now has 144,000 and going strong. The only things I can fault manufacture quality to, are a bad oil pressure sensor and a tensioner pulley. Other than that it has been very reliable.