Used 2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:

Magnum RT - - Almost perfect
By Rex

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased Nov. 2004 -- the only car I have ever bought new off the lot. The car would be perfect if not for the slush-box tranny. Factory Contis were junk -- 13K miles. Replaced with Goodyear Assurance which are nearing their end at 40K mi. Have Michelin replacements. Issues: front-end clunk at steering extreme limits (I avoid cranking to the limits), alignment twice, popping noise in dash, unreliable rear window regulator, noisy power steering pump (even after replacement). I gather front-end issues are common. Overall, I have been pleased, but really wish there had been a manual tranny option.

Styling. Power. Space. Comfort.

My first Mopar vehicle. Acceptable experience. It's a shame Dodge stopped production. I would have strongly urged a manual tranny option. Other minor issues aren't insurmountable.

Looks can be deceiving
By mjg

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Working on my 3rd set of rotors at 49,900 miles. Continental tires lasted 20,000 miles. Always feels likes it's out of alignment. Second set of tires showing wear. Needed a left upper tie rod end and lower control arm for inspection this year. Both key fobs broken. Musty smell when you turn air on or heat in the winter. Will never by a Dodge again. Never again.

Colr

They made the best improvement by not making this car anymore.

Mixed bad
By overland

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good power and looks with adequate cargo room. Better than expected fuel mileage - 27 highway and 19 highway city. Several annoying electrical problems - rear windows failed intermittently, wipers had glitches, and constant dash rattles that started at 20k miles. Handling is so so for a big and heavy car - no corner carver. Bland but functional interior.

Power and style

Better quality control.

Dodge Magnum Done Again?
By Purp574

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SXT AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I know that Dodge/Chrysler are going through bad times, but I've been Dodge since my childhood w/my father's Dodge-ram conversion van. Owned two dodges since. Now to my Dodge magnum; loved it from the first time I saw it during a super bowl commercial. (get it!) remember. I own an sxt awd 3.5 liter Dodge magnum and am in nothing but awe and praise for my car. Even after two years. What upsets me is that Dodge has decided to do away w/the mag and replaced it w/the nitro or journey which look good, but don't stand out like my mag. Please Dodge, bring back my mag. It has an all-American muscle style that with a bit more time will grow. Thanks for reading, next step for me an srt8 magnum. (get it!)

Body style.Many after-market kits.

No.1 BRING IT BACK! After that,update dashboard and console to accommodate extras.

Hard to justify trading it in
By veblenesque

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I normally keep new cars for about 3 years, and I'm pushing 3.5 on my Magnum RT. However, nothing new I test drive measures up to this car. First, the Mercedes E-class chassis means the car has an excellent combination of performance and comfort (not a typical muscle car). The engine is as strong now as the day I bought it, with surprising torque that makes it feel faster than smaller V8s (Audi S4, Mustang etc.). Has had no problems other than poor stock tires and rotors, and feels solidly built. I'd highly recommend it as a used car since values have dropped - they will likely depreciate little if you buy one now. If you test drive one, you will buy it.

That's easy - the engine. Perfect combination of American muscle and European ride quality.

I miss having a manual transmission, but the Mercedes-sourced auto is amazing. The SatNav is useless - a $1,500 option and I end up using a Garmin.