2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
So far so good
By jzartman on 02/28/13 11:16 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Magnum for about 4 months now and it is one of the best cars i have ever owned. The 2.7L motor has plenty of go, and haven't had any problems with the car so far. The design is nice and it is a fairly comfortable car, even for a guy like myself that is 6 foot 1 and 295 pounds. The seats took some getting used to (my other car is a 1983 Cadillac Deville, so the seats are like couches) but otherwise, i have no complaints. My wife uses this as her daily driver, and after adding a set of Firestone Winterforce studded tires to the car, we had no problems getting through the snow or ice in the winter. Overall, very satisfied and looking forward to owning this car for a lot of years.

Going broke from suspension problems.
By hubberd on 02/12/09 13:13 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Tires wear every 15k miles. Car pulls to the right, dealer says every thing is OK after 3 alignments. After warranty expired, I have major issues with front end noises. Spent lots of money on tie rods, stabilizer links, tires, bushings, etc. I still have front end noises. My mechanic says get rid of it. Says car has multilink suspension. Too many parts that can break. People wonder why American car companies are going out of business. I'm buying a Toyota next.

I love this car
By Dan in IL on 12/11/08 21:15 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 05 Bonneville for the 05 Magnum SXT RWD 3.5L. I am 19 and this is the perfect car- it's definitely a sporty college kid car, and I got mine with under 20k miles for under $10k. What a steal! Gas mileage is not bad. I get 21mpg driving around town but I do a lot of interstate driving and i maintain 25-27mpg. Not better than my Bonneville no, but it certainly gets just as good gas mileage as any other car on the road today. I only wish I had a Magnum R/T. I want the dual chrome exhaust with the Hemi!

Awesome
By Big E on 10/20/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of room I have the special edition with Bose stereo Power everything moonroof . Would trade only for SRT version

I want another one!
By Bill on 08/14/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 97k on the odometer. Wife wasn't sure about it until she drove it and fell in love with it like me. I was really surprised with the "snap" it has for a 2.7, it handles beautifully, and it gets pretty good mileage too (28.5 on a 500 mile round trip at 70mph). Only problems so far are alignment (front inner and outer ball joints already, need to do rears) and my wife wishes it had better lumbar support. Other than that we both love the styling and roominess and wish they weren't discontinuing these cars. I am currently trying to talk my wife into another for me to drive!

Couldn't ask for a better wagon!
By Jon on 08/12/08 05:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car. When I was looking for a car to trade-in for I wanted something with style that stood out from the rest. I would have to agree that the car is difficult to keep in alignment but for a heavy car the mileage is great. We have three daughters and always have enough room for car seats and all of their stuff. A must is the Electronic Stability Program - it really works great on icy roads.

I like my " monster"
By Davide on 08/08/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car used, 1 year old, with 19,000 miles. Now the car has 60,000 miles, the few problems are just little annoyances, the battery light comes on most of the time 10 seconds after I start the car and the driver's side door sometime does not open using the remote. The rest is great. Style, engine, comfort, space. I average 24 mpg in the summer, 21 mpg in the winter, on the highway, not bad for a 5000 Pound car. I am very happy with this car. The handling in the snow is good for a rwd.

Excellent
By Richard on 06/23/08 04:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I plan on keeping my magnum to it just can't go anymore. I get excellent gas mileage (27 MPG on the highway). Thank God I didn't get the Hemi. :) I have over 86,000 miles on it with no major engine problems. I keep up on the maintenance. I love my car.

Piece Of Junk
By Phil M on 05/17/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car was great for the first 38,000 miles, then the trans had to be rebuilt. Then at 40,000 mile the trans locked up and was replaced with a brand new one. Two weeks later the new trans had to be rebuilt! The car kept clunking and jerking, they found the drive shaft was bad so they replaced it. Then a strange noise appeared, sounded like a bad crankshaft, but found it was in the trans, so its being rebuilt again. All this in 4,000 miles. Whats really sad is that Chrysler could care less! I would never buy one of there products again! They know these transmissions are no good but they just keep using them.

I love my Magnum!!!
By magnumamma on 04/25/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really do. I usually switch cars every two years and have had this one for almost three now, and I plan on keeping it! Not only is it beautiful and unique, it is not bad on mileage for how large it is (I average 19- 20 mpg), it is great for a young mom like me, I can use the back trunk area space for changing diapers, and there is tons of room to get in to install the car seat, and store all the things I lug around. The only thing that has happened (knock on wood) is that the power steering hose blew after 4 months of ownership, but the warranty covered it no prob. It really is an awesome and reliable care, I work for Infiniti and prefer my Magnum over their newer vehicles.