Used 2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

150K and still going strong
By Robb

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best I have ever had. Bought with only 16 miles and now have over 151K. I want to go over 300K with it. I would buy another Intrepid but I look at new cars now, since this body style is not available and can not find a car I would like to drive. Highway driving every day I feel very comfortable. Strong engine and great handling. Michigan driving in all weather not a problem.

Driver freindly features and controls.

None, they do not make any more. I do not like the replacement Charger or Magnum.

Excellent Fullsize Sedan
By 3Moparz

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle used one year ago and have put 19,000 miles on it since then. Absolutely no problems whatsover. Great handling on dry, wet, and snowy roads. Very good fuel economy (24MPG average communting in town). 3.5L motor is a true workhorse, with lots of power if you need it, but quiet cruising at 85MPH on the interstate. More room inside than the new Charger. I expect this car to give me at least 100,000 more miles without a problem.

Exterior styling, comfortable seats, good (but not great) sound system, tremendous rear seat legroom for adults, fold down rear seats that open into the trunk.

Auto HVAC sometimes turns cold when hear is needed, but is easy to adjust in manual mode. Improve the sound system to match the newer vehicles.

Dodge Intrepid
By Patsy Warlock

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a used Dodge Intrepid because the 1994 Intrepid I owned was totaled while parked in front of my home. So far I am very satisfied with the 2002. It has a comfortable ride, gas mileage is acceptable and I am looking forward to a good ownership with the vehicle. I also purchase an additional warranty just in case.

Roomy interior. Body style. Roomy trunk. Easy to handle.

Better air conditioning delivered to passengers in back seats.

Shaky Start
By Interpid SE

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this car, I thought I was getting a great deal on the car. After I brought the car home, the probs hit. Engine light comes on every other day, the oil light comes on after hard use of the car. Driver window will not work now. Thumping sound when breaking, and the CD player died the 3rd week. My friend keeps telling me that Dodges are great but after what I am seeing, I really don't know. The standard 6 in the engine bay has some pep. For being a larger car, it handles good, nothing like my old Ford Focus tho. Handles fair in the rain and it corners like a pig. Also watch out for dips in the road, car bottoms out some times.

Looks of the car, it looks like a Stealth Bomber

Since they don't make this car any more ( Wonder why ) I would place a motor that would go with the looks. Also make it rear wheel drive!

Love It!
By L Watkins

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this car new and I am the primary driver. I love this car. It has a big car ride without looking like it belongs to my grandparents. My husband is very tall and has a hard time getting in and out of it though. I can not believe that Chrysler quit making this car. Nice family car that looks sporty too.

I think that it would be the trunk. Very roomy.

Standard driving/fog lights. The design of the head lights leaves a little to be desired, they do not brighten up the road far enough a head of you and the lens fog up.