2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Not A Day's Trouble

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

Not A Day's Trouble
By K.Mac on

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my van used from the dealership with 18,000 miles on it, and I now have over 65,000. I have honestly never had a day's trouble with this vehicle. I change the oil, and have recently bought new tires- this has been the extent of the servicing done to my van. I commute every day 80 miles roundtrip, and when I set the cruise control on 60 I get around 26 mpg. I live on rural roads that aren't always cleared in the snow, and the traction control has come in handy. This vehicle has been a real bargain for me: reliability, luxury options that would have broke me on another van, and the feeling of safety when I'm out there on the road with all of the other large vehicles.

Stow and go seating (my little girl plays softball, and I love the tailgate seating option), triple zone climate control, audio controls on the steering wheel, ease of handling.

While I'd love better gas mileage, I knew getting the 3.8l V6 was going to cost me in exchange for more power. The turning radius is huge, so it takes a while to get to know how much room you'll need to quickly get in and out of small spaces.