Used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Better then most will admit
By longhornfan1

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Regardless of what is said online I have seen more dodge vehicles with over 200,000 miles on them then any other manufacture and that includes everyone's beloved Honda. Dodge makes the best van for someone who wants reliable affordable transportation. This van has a great ride solid build and will not require a second loan if something does go wrong like the Honda would. My neighbor has one with 195K on it and plans to put 100 more. I have 36K and plan on 200K myself.

ride, room styling

Keep making them.

Sorry I got this van
By Chris

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I decided to trade my old van for the 2006 because of the stow n go seats. I am leasing the van with all intentions of keeping the van when the lease is up. I should have kept my old vehicle. I had complained twice about the odor I get when I turn on the defrost or a/c and I have been told there is nothing wrong. I had to have the back a/c unit replaced because of leaking, the part was on back order and had to wait 2 months which was during the hottest time of the season. The motor on the passenger side window had to be replaced, the window would not go up during a rain. Now the left passenger side door will not slide open when I press the button, I have to manually open the door.

the only thing I like is the stow n go seats.

When parts are on back order it means there are a lot of people having the same problem, do a recall instead of making your customers pay for your unreliable parts.

Bought It Used, Feels Like New
By Florida Dude

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Got it as from a dealer who bought it at a fleet auction. Former rental. Changed oil, and that's it. Had it for about 10,000 miles now with no problems whatsoever. The Stow 'N Go space versatility is tremendous, with nothing really comparable in the market. ALL THE SEATS FOLD FLAT INTO THE FLOOR. I had a 1995 Caravan and I almost killed myself moving those seats in and out for when I needed to carry stuff. I swore I'd never buy another minivan until all the seats folded into the floor. Abacadabra!

Stow 'N Go Stow 'N Go Stow 'N Go

Gas mileage is ugh. Less than 20 mpg if you drive in any type of stop and go traffic.

Stow 'n Go
By mel_gibson_

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Dodge Caravan. First was a 1995 Dodge Caravan (SWB - 3.3L V6). I love the Stow 'n Go, which allows the both the 2nd and 3rd row seats to go into the floor, virtually creating a cargo van in 4 minutes. Great for my side business to carry a bunch of equipment. Also great to haul my friends for trips - whether they're short or long. The Stow 'n Go puts the vehicle in a class by itself. Yeah, stuff falls off, but it's the standard Dodge build quality - not great, but for the most most, it's nothing that prevents the engine from running. BTW, as others have noted, I've been a bit disappointed by the gas mileage (18 mpg mixed, 23 highway)

Obviously, the Stow 'n Go.

Fuel mileage and build quality.

Oil Burner
By doug

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new. What a mistake. After 20k it burns over 1qt of oil every 1000 miles, which Dodge says is NORMAL. The sunroof won't close if you're going faster than 20 mph. Again Dodge says this is normal and that you should have to pull over and stop to close your sunroof. It's a piece of junk. Dodge has turned me into a Honda/Toyota lover.

Stow and Go

Manufacturer should stand behind their product