2005 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A Keeper...For Now

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SXT Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

A Keeper...For Now
By Space Junkie on

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I needed another vehicle I immediately looked for a good deal on a Caravan; I drive a 2003 model at work every day. For a large vehicle I like the way it handles similar to a smaller car and the smooth ride. I only drive seven miles round trip to work each day and I take very few long trips; so fuel economy wasn't a big concern. When I DO make an occasional extended trip from home I'm glad to have the roominess and the AM/FM, cassette/CD combo--more options for entertainment. Also like it because it IS a nice looking vehicle. I feel good driving it. Gas mileage on an extended trip for me has been about 23 mpg. Around town, mpg is about 8-10 (estimated).

Favorite Features

I really enjoy the entertainment system; I couldn't believe the speakers were as good as they are. Not too much bass and crisp treble--just what I like. I was dismayed to find how much of the interior is plastic, but it looks good, it's durable, and it's lightweight. Field of vision is great.

Suggested Improvements

They have to find an answer to the power door lock system. Mine quit after owning the vehicle two weeks. After some on line research, this is a commonly frustrating, recurring malady. I have found some "homemade" solutions to fix this problem, but they're temporary fixes.