2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Grand Caravan
By minivans on 01/29/05 11:50 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have taken one long road trip since buying the Caravan--it made the trip so nice. The ride was wonderful, the driving was so easy, the sound sytem performed very well. Many comments from people we met about the "great looking van".

This is an Excellent Mini Van
By R. Gardner on 01/15/05 11:00 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Dodge Grand Caravan and the 2005 model is better than ever. The ride and handling is superb. It's a great family vehicle!

Ready for our 4th boy with the SXT
By James H. on 01/08/05 00:36 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have only had for 2 weeks but it looks like Dodge got it right. The stow & go is brilliant. Traded a 2001 Ford Windstar LX basically stripped. My SXT is loaded for the same price. It's great not to have to buy an aftermarket cd player and have the windows tinted. Both are standard w/3 zone climate control, 2 power sliders and power liftgate (only extra item $400). It's much quieter than the earlier Caravans. Having to move the seats all the way forward is a minor inconvenience to use the stow & go. It sure beats lugging them into the garage. Dodge reliability is always a concern but they can have their foreign minivans for $5k more. I don't want to pay $550/mo for a minivan.

Nice in and out, but...
By Henry on 12/30/04 16:30 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

It is a nice van to drive. Replaced a '96 Villager with 120,000 miles. Much better ride - smoother and better handling. Only problem so far is that Dodge (maybe this was a mistake) installed the base AM/FM CD with a single disc DVD. The end result is that headphones are not supported by the radio.... So, if the kids want to watch a DVD that is the audio that comes over the 6 speakers. Later models in the '05 have corrected this, and it is no longer an option to combine these two from the factory. But, it seems silly to have a DVD player that doesn't have a separate audio source.

Great Buy/Great Value/Great Van!!!
By Nathan & Lauren on 12/25/04 19:29 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I love this van. We did a great deal of research when looking for a new car. We also liked the Honda Odyssey but found that the extras in the vehicle were NOT worth the added expense! The Dodge Grand Caravan is a spacious, economical van while continuing to be a thrill to drive. A huge step above the 2004 Grand Caravan!! We highly recommend this van to anyone!!!

Great purchase
By BRobertson on 12/04/04 07:52 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a 1999 Grand Caravan to death I decided to purchase a 2005 as soon as I saw that I no longer had to remove the seats. I find that the comfort of driving the Caravan is much more comfortable than most minivans...I rented most makes before purchasing my 99. The added features of automatic rear door and side door opening is wonderful, especially on rainy days. I enjoy the six play cd/dvd player and it kept my grandson entertained the entire week his family visited over Thanksgiving. If you haven't given it a try...do so, you won't be disappointed.

best minivan yet
By eddie bands on 11/27/04 23:10 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

THE SXT IS EXACTLY THE VEHICLE WE NEEDED WITH 2 SMALL KIDS IT HAS ROOM AND MORE AND THE STORAGE UNDER THE FLOOR KEEPS THE CAR CLEAN. THE 3.8 HAS GREAT PICKUP AND IT HANDLES NICELY.

DODGE MINI VAN
By william ralph on 11/27/04 15:59 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

this is my sixth van and we really enjoy it. Very versitile , reliable with excellent warranty. The handling is exceptional in all weather. my only complaint is changing the left hand front signal light requires major problems. I had to take my van to the dealer and for a $1.00 bulb it cast me $60.00 plus US$ for the bulb change. I feel I should beable to change this bulb myself . This is the only complaint we have

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT
By JOHN JOHNSON on 11/17/04 00:37 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Dependable for our needs. Especially such passanger/cargo configurations. Poor city fuel mileage during hot summer. (15/16) Due to using A/C. At this point with 20 gallon tank is a frequent gas station visits. Reasonable city fuel mileage during cool weather. (17/18) without using A/C. Satisfaction Highway mileage! (20- 25) Excessive brake dust all over the wheel and excessive tar spread all over the lower panel of the van's body which lead a weekly van wash. This increase the risk of paint chipping whenever such as gravels should happen to chip all over it. (Due to curve design on lower side of the van and tires are able to cause mess over it during on the road trips.)

very pleased so far
By jeff_clark on 11/09/04 15:43 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was very nervous about buying this vehicle, mainly due to dodge's reputation for reliability, however, I must say I have yet to find anything wrong with the van since we bought it, and I do have 3/36000 before I need to worry. Our is loaded cept for a sunroof and nav system. Everything is working perfectly.