Great family vehicle that a Man can driv
By bigticket42 on
2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
I love my Durango. My wife and I have always liked the styling of the Durangos especially over the newer ones. I have had a chance to drive it on a long trip. I averaged 16 mpg at 80 and 17 mpg at 75 mph. I thought this was good considering I have the 5.9L V8. This is fun to drive especially since there is absolutely no need for an engine that size in this SUV. The power is excessive and what make it fun. I try to take it easy because in town it gets 12 mpg. Again not bad for an engine that size. The 3 rows of seats are perfect for a family. That is the reason i bought this as we have 3 children that need to be seperated. With the 3rd row there is still good room behind the last row for stuf
Favorite Features
On of the best looking SUVs of all time. Tons of power. I have the 2HI 4HI 4LO option. I think it has the second best (Suburban is the best) 3rd row seat of all SUVs and much better than the 1st generation expeditions. I like the fact that they come with large tires from the factory as well.
Suggested Improvements
I would like everyone else like better gas mileage but realistically what I get is good for the size of the engine and SUV. I hate that the doors lock as soon as you start driving because as soon as I get out I go to open the door to get the kids out and realize I need to unlock all the doors.