2014 Dodge Dart Consumer Review: So far it's worth the money...

2014 Dodge Dart - Consumer Review

2014 Dodge Dart

GT Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

So far it's worth the money...
By c172rpilot on

2014 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my 2014 Dodge Dart GT for two months. Here's what I know so far. You have to get the most powerful engine you can afford...in fact the Tiger Shark engine with 184 HP is not enough. Should have been 200 HP because the car is heavy. The seat leather is not the best, my driver seat leather is already stretched out and shows wrinkles when I get out of the car. I weigh 175 lb. On my car the AC comes on for no reason, then cuts off. I'll feel cold air for about two minutes ever so often - with the AC in the OFF position. Navigation is great, but the turn by turn volume is too low, can't turn it up. They removed the best part for 2014..the hidden compartment passenger seat..come on dodge!!

Interior is rather quiet and the ride is nice. Fit and finish are good, real good but not great. My paint has some orange peel in it. Excellent trunk space and back seat. Center console is nice and the CD player should have been an option, I don't own CD's. Interior wise the car is very nice, my only complaint is the cup holder should have some lighting, a simple LED would have done the trick. I like all the interior lighting, looks nice at night. Don't understand why the dome/mirror lights are not LEDs. Car steers well and has a great turning radius. Brakes are excellent. Tail lighting looks great.

The instrument cluster is excellent except for two things. Some idiot put the fog light indicator directly under the tachometer needle when it's at idle, so you can't see the fog light indicator unless you're moving. There was plenty of room next to the headlight indicator (a lot of wasted space there). The message center for smart phone text messages doesn't work for any smart phone...so why is it even an option? You can't mix and match radio stations from different bands for your favorites, you have to change from XM to FM to get to the FM station. iPhone integration is good. No metadata in Bluetooth. USB connection - some album art shows up in display, some doesn't. Don't know why.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By lee13007
on 12/08/14 16:43 PM (PST)

You can turn the navigation volume up. You have to do it when she is talking though. If not it just turns your radio volume up. My leather seats are already stretching and showing signs of wrinkles as well when i get out and Im only 135 pounds and Im 5'7. Should not be having that issue. I bought my car in april and Im already trading it in!