Used 2010 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

it ended to soon.
By Anthony

2010 Dodge Caliber SE Fleet 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

There is a problem that causes these to shut off while you are driving on the hwy., my niece had the same problem, something about a cooling sensor keeping the transmission from overheating. And this should have been a recall issue.

Love my lil Caliber
By klwain2

2010 Dodge Caliber Uptown 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just love my Caliber! I purchased it at Fifve Star Dodge in Macon, GA. After a lot of research, I decided on this model and have not been disappointed. Very roomy interior, great sound system, quiet and comfortable ride, and cute exterior design.
I wanted the impossible and found it in this car. It is almost a wagon, almost an SUV and almost a sports car! Love it!

Comfort, Room, Sound system, steering, handling, safety features, design

Incredibly Surprising
By bsavoie93

2010 Dodge Caliber Mainstreet 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My parents got this as their loaner car while they were having their PT Cruiser worked on. They weren't going to drive it so I did. I was incredibly surprised with this car. It rides very smooth even on the freeway. It picks up speed quick, but when you floor it nothing happens. I took to 110 MPH no problem and it didn't feel like it was gonna fall apart. It handles and drives well. When you go around a corner quickly there is barely any body roll. I thought something was wrong with the transmission but then I realized it had a CVT. The base stereo sounds amazing and the standard features are unbelievable. The interior needs some work. There is cheap battleship grey plastic everywhere!

Heated Seats, Auto Dimming Mirror, The Windshield Sprayers spray the entire windshield, The sound system, The overall solid feel (for an affordable car), The incredible amount of room (I'm 6'4" and had more than enough room!), Tip Start (You don't have to hold the key when starting it)

STOP USING CHEAP PLASTICS!

Caliber Heat 2.0 CVT
By woodyzim

2010 Dodge Caliber Heat 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Mine's a CVT, but "5-speed manual" was all that was listed.
Handles great, fantastic brakes, but no power. Comfortable & rides nice, but lots of wind noise. Dealer's had to reattach shielding inside both front wheel wells 3 times so far & it's loose again right now. My main complaint is the mileage. Again, mine has the CVT transmission & the 2.0 motor. I drive 4 blocks from my home to the the 4-lane interstate every morning. I then drive 22 miles on the interstate with the cruise control engage & exit. I then 1 mile to the front door of my employer. I do this twice a day 5 to 6 days a week. I believe all of this would be considered "highway" miles. My Dodge Caliber Heat is averaging 21 MPG!

Cargo capacity, the ability to fold the front passenger seat's back forward & flat. Smooth CVT transmission. Ability to recline the rear passenger seats. My comfort, I'm 6' & I'm comfortable while driving. The free year of satellite radio. The Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, I didn't think I'd use it, but I do, & it's great! The handling & the brakes.

Excessive wind noise,noisiest auto I've ever owned.3 times my dealer has had to reattach shielding that's came loose inside both front wheel wells & there's one loose again right now.The fuel economy is terrible!After 100 miles I was getting 24 MPG highway,I thought this was lousy.The dealer told me to put an additional 10,000 miles on it & check it again. I'm now at 13,000 miles & am getting 21 MPG! I drive 4 blocks the the interstate,then 22 miles,with my cruise control engaged,to an exit ramp,then 1 mile to my workplace.I think that should be considered "higway" miles shouldn't it?

Great Car
By denny l

2010 Dodge Caliber Rush 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have 1000 miles on my new Caliber. I average 30 mpg combined. It is very quiet and very comfortable. Still getting used to day running lights.

The performance and quietness of this vehicle are awesome. I have a five speed standard transmission.

Night lights should be automatic. Have day running lights and still need to turn on night lights. I also think it should be easier to get to the vehicle information center.