Used 2012 Dodge Avenger SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

2012 SE V-6....not an option above
By imports4ever

2012 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am very disappointed in this car. It is just shy of 3 yrs old and I have put $1200 in to the car in two months. All electronics or emissions issues that are not covered by the warranty. The engine, 3.6L Pentastar, is the only good thing about this pile of flaming poo. The transmission is so lazy I'm amazed it even bothers to show up. Rattles and creaks. Quiet and above average in comfort. Mileage is horrendous! I've never gotten more than 19 mpg combined. On long drives (flat highway 65 mph) you can get up to 29 mpg, but that only happened one time. Chews up tires like Rolaids. 47,750 miles as of this morning and I'm just so disappointed. Going back to VW. Diesel.

Favorite Features

Engine. Goes like it's on fire.

Suggested Improvements

Quit adding gears. Drop back to the 5 speed AT and offer a manual option with the V6. Convert it to RWD and bring back AWD. Figure out QC and get the electronics right. Train your service staff to be less rude.

I'm very satisfied with this car
By kcguy62

2012 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove several mid size cars. And finally decided on the base model 2012 Dodge avenger for the following reasons. First It is a 2012 top safety pick. I think the avenger is really nice looking.... I chose the bright silver exterior with black interior. It has nice quality materials and craftsmanship. The 2.4 engine has all the power I need and gets great mpg. If you want to race once in a while get the v-6 version, it has over a hundred more horse power... be careful "laughs". I also like the way the avenger feels on the road... It has a very comfortable ride. It also handles curves well, the steering and brakes are responsive. To sum up the review. I love driving this car!

Favorite Features

Favorite features... well I could list a lot of things here... But if you are looking for a nice mid size car, Take a look at the avenger before you buy... You might like it as much as I do!

Suggested Improvements

I am a smoker and wish it had a ash tray in the dash... but none of the cars do.