Used 2002 Chrysler Voyager Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Voyager - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chrysler Voyager Minivan

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:

great minivan
By mkrawczyk

2002 Chrysler Voyager Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

bought this van 6 years ago with 55000 mile gas mileage is good 18 city 24 hwy i have hauled everything in this van it has been the best van i have owned no major problems reg maint oil changed every 4000 miles i put lukus in trans at 56000 miles now has 133000 trouble free and 3 sets of frt brakes one battery if it ever stops running i will buy another.

Very Lucky
By lisad

2002 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

We bought this van when it was 3 yrs old, it has been so reliable. Once it hit 140,000 miles, we had to start replacing items; water pump, both front wheel bearings, rotors, valve cover gasket and transmission pump. Its now "brand new" again, no way i;ll get rid of it. This is so comfortable, sturdy and easy to drive. In town gas mileage is TERRIBLE, highway is great

Favorite Features

seats, garage door opener

Suggested Improvements

blind spot in corners when backing up, also we have factory tint, its too dark

Junk on wheels
By JUNK on Wheels

2002 Chrysler Voyager Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new and from the start it was junk. A tie rod broke. There was a total of 6 recalls before 36,000 miles on this van. The back windshield wiper is very slow and weak at moving, that you wonder when it will just stop working. The sway bar links and bushings are worn out every 6 months of driving due to the defective material that is used to save on cost. You drive down the road and it sounds like it is going to fall apart. The a/c unit smells bad for the first 15 min. They extended the warranty for up to 7 years, due to so many people having problems with this. I have own both a Chrysler and Dodge van and have had nothing but problems. My next van will soon be a Honda.

Favorite Features

Tinted glass windows

Suggested Improvements

Build a van that not fall apart before 36,000 miles or 3 years.

read and research before buying
By cross your fingers

2002 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I bought this van new in December 2002. I had 4 recalls and a number of other problems go wrong with this van. 1. power steering pump leaked. 2. The oil was mixing with the coolant. 3. the front right tie rod broke. 4. the a/c unit quit working. 5. The sway bar bushings wear out every 6 months due to the cheap plastic material that is used. 6. the rear windshield wiper takes five min. just to wipe once ( no lie). 7. The dash board indicator lights (park thru 1st.) gear all light up, so now you do not know what gear you are in. that is all in the first 3 years / 36000 miles and good luck getting anything fixed under warranty after that. I have bought one dodge and Chrysler, and will never buy anothere.

Favorite Features

Save your money and buy a Honda product. It might cost you a couple thousand more, but you will never be sorry you did. Do not make the same mistake that I did. I finally purchased a Honda vehicle in 2004, and I have not had any problems.

Suggested Improvements

When you build a product that's junk, do not expect repeat customers. read consumers report, they will tell you what vehicles have fewer problems. Like I said before I will never buy a Dodge or Chrysler again due to all the break downs and repair bills.

Don't Buy this piece of Junk
By Kelly

2002 Chrysler Voyager Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van new, soon after the drivers window stop working for 2 yrs, then the transmission went bad had to get rebuilt one, $1500 later, now the van shack bad and makes a clicking noise when you start and stop, and the electrical box I found out is all rested inside and so are my wires, they never sealed the box to keep moisture out, then my brake light and dash light were going off and on due to electrical, brakes feel really bad, every year were replacing them, but still it don't feel right, my van only has 66,000 miles on it, and all these problems. I will never buy a Chrysler again!Oh I forgot the ac hasn't worked in 2 years.

Favorite Features

color is pretty

Suggested Improvements

When you pay $25,000 make it right.