1998 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
JXI Limited Convt
By SparkDog74 on 05/11/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I just bought the Limited model with the indiglo style dash, white faced gauges, and autostick. Love the car, gets attention you want and none that you don't. Two toned interior 2.5 is peppy not powerful. Chrome wheels are a nice touch, but expect the tires to be a little spendy. Just bought and putting it through its paces. Infinity sound systems is good, wish cd changer would read cd/rw formats. Looking for interior parts, I imagine they will be hard to find.

'98 Sebring Coupe
By Katsalumnus on 04/21/07 14:20 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for more than nine years. I have only had normal wear and tear maintenance on it. I am a medium frame woman and the cockpit and placing of instrument panel is comfortable and useful.

Love my Car
By robby on 03/21/07 10:33 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 8 years ago, it was the style that attracted me. I liked the sporty look of the front cowl. I love the way it handles, the performance, the comfort. I have taken very good care of it and it has been a great car.

okay for cheap coupe
By Mark on 08/22/06 23:31 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

Yeah those cheap chrysler rims and the brakes I fixed but it does look good! I had to tape together the bottom of the front bumper from curb and road rash, to low! Nice exhaust sound to bad it doesnt translate into horsepower although it goes if you keep your foot in it. The one thing not mentioned is this cars higher insurance rating, still I'll keep it for awhile its kinda fun. Watch out for those curbs and potholes or you'll be looking for new rims!

Just OK...
By Chris on 04/25/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I have been happy with this car mechanically....but....too low in front, bad turning radius, rattles in glovebox and sunroof, exterior cladding fell off, stiff ride(but enjoyable). I have owned it since new. I would not buy another one. It has been an OK car and decently good looking. The cab forward design was interesting for looks but practical it is not. The newer models don't look as good, and the redesign doesn't even look promising. I won't recommend this car used unless you plan on adding a lot of aftermarket styling and equipment...should be cheap. It isn't even worth what edmunds or bluebook says it is worth.

This is a good car.
By Tim on 04/01/06 23:08 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a previous salvage with low mileage. I put over 50K miles on it in two and a half years and only replaced the starter and the battery. When I bought this car I heard of the trans problems so I made sure to maintain the trans every 30k, if you do this I don't think you will have any major problems. Overall this car defines reliability.

Try before you buy
By Jim on 01/18/06 11:01 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe

After owning my '98 Sebring LXi for almost a year now, I can honestly say I am very pleased with my decision. The key, if you are thinking about purchasing a Sebring coupe, make sure you test it out and test it quite extensively. Transmissions are an achilles heel so ensure shifts are smooth at numerous RPM settings. The 2.5 V6 is silky smooth - just be sure to replace the timing belt around 100,000 miles to ensure everything keeps going for another 100,000. Sure, there are a few minor niggles but the sheer fact that these cars are packed with some features now seen on premium luxury cars (garage door opener, auto-dim mirror, etc.) makes a used Sebring an incredibly good deal.

goodtimes with the top down
By sean on 11/19/05 01:27 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

i bought this car used with 58,000 miles. i have the limited edition with the 2 tone leather. it's been a blast to drive and it looks great ! had to put in a new ac unit last month for $1000.00 , but hey, it's seven years old and sill looks brand new. i would buy another.

perfect!!!
By biggie on 10/24/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe

This car is simply perfect!!! I have had it for a year now. I have the 2.0l 4cyl. engine with a 5sp. This car is comfortable, looks great, completely reliable, great gas mileage, and fun to drive!!!

Granny's new ragtop
By Jennie Robbins on 08/05/05 00:41 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

For a seven yr old car it has plenty of get up and go. People notice it. I bought it on line, and drove it home (1,000 miles) with no problems. It is smooth shifting and has plenty of power for this 60 yr old grandmother. I prefer it to my vintage corvette.