Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Fun and Reliable
By oldschooldevil

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought this car as a second car and I ended up falling in love with this car. It looks, drives, and feels very modern for a 12 year old car. There are some things that are starting to fail (radio, door locks what do you expect with a 12 year old car?) Other than that the engine runs great and the car over all is very solid and reliable. When this car finally gives out I'm considering buying a new Sebring cause this one is so solid. But for now I will continue to take care of this car and I'm sure that it will continue to be the best car I have ever had!

Stereo system, Power everything, everything but cup holders

Cup holders in a really bad spot, transmission a little grabby

Fun and Comfortable
By oldschooldevil

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I just bought this car about a year ago and it has been a great car. I bought it from a guy and he sold it for $800. NOTHING is wrong (surprise, surprise) It is a lot of fun to drive and it looks great even with the top up or down. This car is very dependable and it has even made me think about getting a new Sebring when this one finally gives out. And that I highly doubt! For a 12 year old car, it is highly modern inside and out. I love the stock sound system and the way it drives. I will continue to take good car of it and I'm sure it will take good care of me. Greatest investment yet.

Sound system and looks of the car.

Turning radius!

My First Car
By Joey_R

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I bought my Sebring as my first car. I bought it with 150,000 miles on it and it runs great. Besides a replacing the control arm and flex pipe, the car has been amazing.

infinity sound system, moon roof, body style

better rims

Great First Car for Teens!
By Kaylee

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

My dad bought me this car as my first, and it's been great. I've learned a lot about cars by owning it, with the typical breaks here and there (Such as coolant plugs going out, probably due to un-adult driving before me. The window motor broke, and was fairly easy to replace with my dads help.) The car has really has taken a beating, and still remains reliable and loyal. Even when I got into a fender bender, the car still ran wonderfully, and didn't have any mechanical damage when hit on the drivers front fender at 20MPH. The parts were easy to find. It's a fun, fairly safe car, and great for a first car.

Electric convertible top, the "get up and go" when accelerating onto the highway, very comfortable bucket seats, sleek, long design. Infinity sound is wonderful, even with the top down.

Only two cup holders, and can't hold american-sized drinks unless they're small, sometimes medium. Really low in the front, have to go slower in dips, gas mileage could be better. Takes awhile to heat in the winter, and air conditioner not made for Texas summers.

Best car I've owned
By Dennis

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

I bought this car in 2000 with 30,000 miles on it. I have only done expected repairs (brakes, tires, battery, timing belt, oil changes) and one unexpected repair (starter motor at 60,000 mi.). I think the Mitsubishi V6 engine has a lot to do with the reliability. I get 24 mpg combined with I think is pretty good for a 10 year old car. This has been a trouble free car. It now has 144,000 mi and the engine makes a little bit of lifter noise. People complain of the squeaks, but I don't think it is any noisier than other convertibles I have owned.

Roomy enough for 4 adults. Beautiful styling. 16 valve DOHC is peppy enough. Convertible top goes down quickly.

Would be more fun to drive with a manual transmission. Driver's seat is uncomfortable on long rides.