2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Review: New arrival

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

New arrival
By pt109 on

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had less than a week and have put almost 800 miles on the the little thing. Last car was a Crown Vic so torque seems a bit on the thin side. Love the top down and quiet with top up. as far as styling goes people either love or hate them. I love it. every time I get behind the wheel I think beetle because of the body color dash and view over the hood. Ride/handling trade off seems perfect for this sporty but not sports car. I was hoping for better mileage than my Vic but so far it is about the same. Disappointing for a 4 Cylinder, but I didn't buy it because it was an econobox.

retro styling with Chrysler wing logos and chrome-like grille. Lots of room in front and amazing room in back. Love the sport bar and the fact that I can pull the back seats and have a huge amount of cargo area for camping trips etc.

Well, the point is moot now but 6speed automatic would've helped performance and mileage. Seats are bottom crunchers on my 300 lbs. Rear speakers are useless.