2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
Classy little PT Cruiser- Silver
By ElemPrin on 04/01/07 10:54 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has many features that are found on high end cars. It has been very reliable and fun to drive.

Looks Good, But Stinks
By toys99 on 03/29/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My girlfriend purchased this vehicle three years ago. First year was alright. Nothing major happend except for the very poor gas mileage, and there is no performance at all. Second year brakes and suspension went out. Had to replaced the front and rear brakes and the vehicle only had 50,000 miles on it. Also at the same time the struts go out. Third year major problems, transmission will not shift gears. Had to get it towed and no one knows what to fix. Never again.

Love the PT but want more reliability
By jp on 03/24/07 08:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the PT from the moment I saw it and bought one despite concerns about buying a Chrysler. Overall, I like the car but its reliability isn't what I want. The 1st 2 years were great, but then one little thing after another started going wrong.First the headlights wouldn't turn off-had to get the car jump started and take it in to the shop. Then the horn wouldn't work. Then it started overheating-had to get the car towed in 2 times for that. Then the brake lights wouldn't work-got them fixed 3 separate times. Replaced battery several times, replaced brakes. If it weren't for these annoyances I would never buy another type of car-I absolutely love the ride, the look, the comfort,the room.

Dream Cruiser
By Bueno on 03/07/07 20:07 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owned vehicle with std 150 HP for 3 years and have not had one issue. Installed non-factory performance air filter which seems to make a difference. In my view this car is stylish, cleverly designed and enjoyable to drive. It is also very practical and has amazing storage space and multiple options for setting up the vehicle for the task at hand. I couldn't believe a bike fits inside this vehicle!

A Perfect Pug Mobile
By Pug Nut on 01/23/07 12:34 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new 2002 5 spd stick 4 1/2 years and 83,000 miles later- new tires, frnt pads @40k, new cooling fan @60k,clutch, rotor, pads, tires & boogerbushings @83k, P.M. belts, hoses, battery/primary @83k I've had lots of new cars/trucks and this has been the most satisfying overall - she's a little low slung which is part of the look oh well and sometimes a little skittish on slippery surfaces. I used to be new every 2 (or less) but I cant justify selling my PT just to buy another one. @83k 25 mpg - the whole 5 speed pkg awesome

many problems with my '02 PT
By Joe on 01/14/07 07:15 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The reliability of my pt cruiser is terrible. After the warranty ran out the dealer finally figured out what the problems were. I am putting $300 oxygen sensors in my car every 2 months. I will never buy another chrysler product. I would not take a free chrysler car.

Fun to drive PT
By PT cruiser Touring on 12/04/06 10:33 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We love the headroom in the car, both front and back and there is plenty of back leg room when the seats are all the way back in the front. Only thing that we don't like is the turning capacity. We get 24 to 25 MPG in the city and up to 30 on the highway.

Make a Better Clutch
By sandy on 11/25/06 06:50 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my PT Cruiser the only thing I hate about it is the clutch it does not work well. Already been replaced once.

2002 PT Cruiser std eng./ 5 spd manual
By Dave on 11/23/06 11:09 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car used with 24,000 miles. I have replaced 2 batteries ( I drive short distances) I get 22 mpg (city) and 35(hwy) The car has cruise control. I have added a custom air intake and conical filter, which helps mileage and greatly improves access to the battery!

Grape Ape
By Grape Ape on 09/13/06 09:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my PT for 2 years now and love it.Its fun to drive and withh all the PT clubs out there theres always fun to be found some shows and clubs really go all out like here in Ohio at Youngs Jersey Dairy in Yellow Springs Ohio family fun and show all in one. The PT could do a little better on gas but I have pulled 32.5 once or twice. All the stars must have lined up just right, Cargo area is great with more than enough room.