Used 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Love this car!!
By CrUiZeR

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a 2002 PT for almost 4 years. Bought with 60,000 miles, now have just over 100,000. Have had VERY few issues with this car. I never head out in the morning with the fear that the car won't start or get me where I'm going. Runs great and gets some good speed on the freeway. Not everyone's cup of tea, but the car is beautiful, especially with a spoiler, chrome accents, and aftermarket mags. Interior is well designed and comfortable. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a nice family car. Now I'm just looking for something more sporty.

Chrome accents, comfortable seats, manual transmission is a blast.

Better gas mileage, much more HP and torque.

Car from HELL
By Charrissa

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I HATE this car. I can not wait to get rid of it. My main computer went out a few months after I bought it which cost me $3000 to fix. Few months later my fog lights wouldn't turn off, which killed my battery stranding me many times. I had to remove the fuse that controls it. Currently my car makes a horrible noise (similar to a cats fighting) only when I turn to the right. It also makes horrible sounds when I first turn it on and drive. Turning radius stinks and so does the gas. I will NEVER EVER buy a Chrysler again.

Pretty comfortable inside. Gotta admit it.

Lifetime warranty covering all repairs.

should have traded january 2009
By No longer Impressed

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i bought my pt used and low mileage it went back once to dealership for some squeaking noise turned out it wasn't sitting right on the frame. i have had no problems other then regular mait. one month ago some noised started and it was the bushings bearings so 1300$ dollars spent on repairing. a week later rad motor blew causing the rad to blow then transmission, 3 days after this fuel pump went. it is now in the shop for timeing belt, water pump and other repairs. total of all repairs 7500$ i really wish i had of traded. now i will have this car forever good thing i do like the look and the drive of it. i'm just glad they took it off the line no more pts. yahoo

quit building the car and if you do again for a american car make it cheaper for the repairs

A car
By Jerry

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Replaced Transmission once. Had to upgrade the Rotors. Fixed a faulty Fog light switch myself with glue and worked. Replaced all micro dash lights once because most went out at about 65,000 miles which I think is normal. Chrysler fixed faulty powersteering hose with no cost to me. Otherwise, Alright car.

2002 pt after 80,000 miles
By richard Eaton

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

first car we ever brought new. the only problem we have experienced in the past with around 50,000 miles, the car would over heat. if you stopped for 5 minutes and restarted the car, the overheating would stop. carried it to the local chysler dealer and let them keep it overnite to locate problem. no problem found and has not over heated again since then and vehicle has over 80,000 miles on it.

leather interior and heated seats, and ease of getting in and out of the car.

I know this is the last year to manufacture the p.t. cruiser,but if chrysler wanted to stay afloat, they should convert it to electric/gas operation like they have on several cars. it is definitely to popular a car to just do away with it.