2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
So far so good!
By 59_cadie on 01/01/14 08:22 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 133000+ miles. 23+miles to a gallon @ 70 mph. Heater could be better but still keeps us warm in -0 temps. We got it for $6500.00 tax, title, ins, & travel expenses to pick it up. We are very happy with it.

Great so far!!!
By greggrawe on 08/18/11 13:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van with 4,000 miles on it and 3 months old, it was a "Dealer Demo" and it had a sticker price of almost $30,000 and we paid $18,300 so we got a great deal on it! We now have 53,000 miles on it and had it for 3 years now, it drives like a champ! Never had a problem!! We did buy the extended warranty on it so we don't have to worry about repairs! In town we average about 19 - 21 mpg, and Highway we average anywhere from 27-30 and I think is great for this size. Better then our Lincoln Aviator that gets 9 mpg

Automotive Atrocity
By Steve on 03/05/10 21:06 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is an embarrassment to GM. It's hard to believe it comes from the same company that brought us the Corvette. Interior design and utility is horrific. I have 2 kids, both in car seats. My kids have no leg room at all. I literally cannot use the 3rd row, as there is no way to get to it. Try hanging a jacket on the hook! You can't reach the hook from the sliding door, and you have to CRAWL INTO THE BACK to reach it from the rear! Ours has a roof console that I've hit my head on many times. This car is a real head-scratcher, and I wonder how it was ever cleared by GM for public consumption. It clearly was not evaluated for everyday usability by families before its release.

Suits our needs, good price & value
By NellieMc on 11/21/08 23:52 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Sometimes we take long day trips and I wanted something that we could sleep in and I found the Uplander. We've taken the seats out, put in a full size air mattress,velcroed shades to the windows and have slept comfortably and inexpensively at RV parks. We had an 30' RV, needed lots of gas, space and I didn't like driving around with a toilet and every rattling. We are average size people, 5'4" & 5'9", enjoy traveling, dining out and have created our own little over-night pod. We can even take our dogs with us. When we return home, we put the mattress and supplies in a container in the back, keep the 3rd row seats in. If we need more passenger room we can always put the second row back in.

Pleasant Surprise
By overrev on 08/28/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I saw in another review a claim of 27.6 MPG. I was also pleasantly surprised in this area. We have been as high as 27.9. We came out of an HHR and it took some getting used to, but this is a damn good buy. The price was very liveable, and we have not found any defect so far. It handles well for a van of any type and the ride is very smooth. Good power. I am waiting for winter to see what effects Traction control and Stabili-trac combined will provide. Overall, I think it is a well thought out vehicle

2008 Chevorlet Uplander LT
By Chris W. on 06/22/08 11:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

1st drove this model as a rental car. We liked it so much we bought a new one when we got back from vacation. We had a newer Sedona Minivan and the difference is amazing. While the Kia had good power, the Uplander has that and much more. The powertrain is good for the size of vechile. The seats are really comfortable. The interior is laid out well and there are no blind spots. The doors and all seams line up well and the quality of the paint is good.

Pleasantly surprised
By Skihawk on 04/08/08 06:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this vehicle. It was a lease car and I was hesitant to buy it but my wife has been wanting a new car and I got a good deal on it. We immediately took a 600 mile trip in it and I was pleasantly surprised. The fuel economy was pretty good at 27.6 mpg on the road. The ride was nice and visibility was good. Haven't had any issues yet.

Tragedy
By brox08 on 03/30/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst vehicle on the roads. The van features poor and ill handling. OnStar is the best feature. I am now trading it in for a New Sienna. Never drive this again

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.