Used 2008 Chevrolet Uplander LT Minivan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

The Last Van Standing
By Daniel

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This van is literally one of the best ever. Being the last van chevy ever made it has a special place in my heart. It runs smooth and drives smooth. The engine is still cooking after 193,000 miles. Many of those miles spent towing a camper through the Rocky Mountains. She always delivers, rarely ever needs maitence. She does tend to drink gas a lot. But it drives well in the snow and the traction control is always keeping the driver safe. If you need a good reliable van this is the one. I love my Uplander and will never forget it.

So far so good!
By 59_cadie

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 133000+ miles. 23+miles to a gallon @ 70 mph. Heater could be better but still keeps us warm in -0 temps.
We got it for $6500.00 tax, title, ins, & travel expenses to pick it up.
We are very happy with it.

DVD player/entertainment system

Better heating system

Great so far!!!
By greggrawe

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van with 4,000 miles on it and 3 months old, it was a "Dealer Demo" and it had a sticker price of almost $30,000 and we paid $18,300 so we got a great deal on it! We now have 53,000 miles on it and had it for 3 years now, it drives like a champ! Never had a problem!! We did buy the extended warranty on it so we don't have to worry about repairs! In town we average about 19 - 21 mpg, and Highway we average anywhere from 27-30 and I think is great for this size. Better then our Lincoln Aviator that gets 9 mpg

Gas mileage, power doors, heated leather seats, onstar, suv looks, power, smoth ride, reliable

The only thing we don't like about the van is the front end on it, it makes it look like a light bulb

Automotive Atrocity
By Steve

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is an embarrassment to GM. It's hard to believe it comes from the same company that brought us the Corvette. Interior design and utility is horrific. I have 2 kids, both in car seats. My kids have no leg room at all. I literally cannot use the 3rd row, as there is no way to get to it. Try hanging a jacket on the hook! You can't reach the hook from the sliding door, and you have to CRAWL INTO THE BACK to reach it from the rear! Ours has a roof console that I've hit my head on many times. This car is a real head-scratcher, and I wonder how it was ever cleared by GM for public consumption. It clearly was not evaluated for everyday usability by families before its release.

On-star, engine is good on highway, reliable, mechanically sound vehicle, decent fuel economy.

GM made the ultimate improvement by scrapping this vehicle. I used to like Chevy, but this vehicle is so bad that I will probably never buy a Chevy again.

Suits our needs, good price & value
By NellieMc

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Sometimes we take long day trips and I wanted something that we could sleep in and I found the Uplander. We've taken the seats out, put in a full size air mattress,velcroed shades to the windows and have slept comfortably and inexpensively at RV parks. We had an 30' RV, needed lots of gas, space and I didn't like driving around with a toilet and every rattling. We are average size people, 5'4" & 5'9", enjoy traveling, dining out and have created our own little over-night pod. We can even take our dogs with us. When we return home, we put the mattress and supplies in a container in the back, keep the 3rd row seats in. If we need more passenger room we can always put the second row back in.

I consider this my conversion van, the front seats are comfortable, it handles fine, we purchased an extended maintenance/warranty and we plan to keep the van for quite sometime.

Heated front seats? I am very happy with the van.