Handsome and solidly built
By Skuuter on
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
My wife and I looked at the Toyota 4Runner, Ford Explorer, Dodge Durango and Nissan Armada as well as the Chevy TrailBlazer. I was leaning toward the Chevy, but let my wife make the final decision since she would be the primary driver. All five SUVs could handle the necessary trailering of our 3300 lb. sailboat and were comparably priced at the trim levels we wanted. It won her thumbs up for comfort, solid feel, on- demand power, and aesthetics. After 23K miles it has proven to be very reliable, comfortable on short and long trips and she gets at least 17 mpg on her daily 60 mile trips into the congested city. No squeaks or rattles, lots of oomph and classic looks make this a winner.
Favorite Features
Solid ride and feel. Good handling for an SUV. Very comfortable seats, plenty of room for five. OnStar is great. Very well built as after a good bit of regular abuse everything is still in one piece and working like new. Love the steering wheel controls and on- board computer features.
Suggested Improvements
Needs another gear to take full advantage of the 4.2 liter straight six. Back passenger doors can be real dent makers in adjacent cars due to their angles and don't open far enough.