Price Repairs, But Fun To Drive
By Daniel on
2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
5.3 V8 has much power and can haul and tow most anything. The whole family fits comfortably. Fits all my work tools and ladders well. Att 88000 miles I just spent $2600 to have my transmission rebuilt though. Found out they use the 460LE trnas in their other cars and unless you upgrade some internal components it will burn out from light towing or heavily loaded. This year I have replaced a battery (again), new alternator, new water pump, brakes, tires (again), rebuilt trans. I am in it for about $4000 in repairs and it is not that old. Can't afford to replace it as I need a truck for my job. Engine is still stong and hopefully all problems worked out. Did but it used w/44,000 miles tho.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable to drive, roomy for all seven people (including adults). better than a minivan. After all the repairs still not willing to get rid of. It is not to big and not to small.
Suggested Improvements
Better Transmission and Parts. Upgrades to transmission should be standard not after it blows out on you. 460LE Transmission. Get trans servos upgraded to at least the Corvettes on gears 1,2, & 4. Makes 3rd become an accumulator gear. better ofr towing and heavy loads.