Used 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

I enjoy this car better than my Tahoe
By pointerlover

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my trailblazer. It's fun to drive, peppy and pretty comfortable. I do think the styling could be better and the instument panel is hard to read. Kind of reminds me of a Camry my sister has.

The exterior styling, the color, a metallic cherry red; been told it was the prettiest color they've ever seen by several people. It's fun to drive and peppy. seems to have more get and go than my heavy Tahoe, also easier to park.

Easier to read and see the instument panel. Too dark to see easily while you're driving. Styling could be nicer inside also it's hard to tell if my foot is on the gas pedal or side of raised floor. Keys hit plastic dash if they hang down and swing back and forth.

Lucky Me!!!
By girlcrew5

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Trailblazer ext after owning a GMC minivan for 6 years. We have 4 very active daughters so we were needing plenty of room. I didn't really want that "soccer mom" look anymore. I fell in love with this sporty looking SUV!! It handles beautifully! I usually put an average of 30,000 miles on a vehicle annually. So far in 10,000 miles it has lived up to its reputation! We highly recommend it to everyone.

The kids love the back seat climate controls! The overhead lighting for each passenger is a lifesaver. I especially love the theater-like interior dimming lights. The third seats are so roomy!

The gas mileage is terrible. There is a little interior noise problem. And my kids wish there were speakers in the third row. The back doors and back glass have to be shut hard.

my trtail blazer
By pman

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven chevy blazer's sence 1976, all full size. This Trail Blazer is much better than any of them, latesest one being a 1991, only difference in size is lose of cargo room in rear. We have driven this Trail Blazer to Fl. last year & planing to drive again this year, handles greaaaaaaat on the open road as well as side roads.

Love the gage readouts, also mini storage compartments in the rear.

oil filter location, glove box latch needs to be made stronger, rear hatch closeing strap needs to be nylon.

Pretty good for a chevy
By TexasTraveler

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had a Chevy in the past and swore I would never buy another after getting sick of getting it fixed. But this car's ratings and 0% interest offer convinced me. The ride is great. The size and style is great. Gas mileage is no worse than our old Explorer. Air conditioner has gone out twice though. And there is a lot of wind noise when on the interstate. Overall, I recommend it and like it.

Riding comfort. Extra cup holders. Overall look-still rugged, not boxey.

$2 air conditioner part! Broken twice in 2 months-give me a break. Also better packages-I wanted a few things I couldn't get without going into a huge package of things I didn't want.

Lovin the ride
By Brzy

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had this vehicle for about a month, So far I love it. It has been into the shop once for hard shifting, a squeeking noise from the motor, and my molding on the passanger window was going down with the window. I went from a Grand Am GT to the LTZ and I am very excited to use the 4wd this winter.

Two tone paint DVD player The Boss System

Larger storage for driver and passanger More feet room for backseat passangers Allow the DVD player sound to be played through the Boss System Redesign the interior with wood grain and give the overall design more luxury