My 4th HD GM Truck
By nitro276 on
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)
My toughest decision was the 6.0 Vortec or the 6.6 Duramax. This was really tough for me. I went with the 6.0 because all the emissions junk on the 6.6 today robs it of fuel economy terribly on top of the $7500 upcharge. This is one tough truck, the toughest vs. the 98, 02, and 06 I previously owned. I don't think there is a task I can throw at this truck that it cannot handle. This is my family's SUV. It carries me, my wife, our two kids, and our German Shepherd comfortably anywhere we want to go. More truck than I really need, but my 06 Sierra 2500HD saved my life when I was hit by a drunk driver.
Favorite Features
I like the factory bluetooth and the usb port on the stereo. I have almost my entire cd library on a thumb drive that plugs and plays. I also like having multiple locking storage compartments. I also enjoy the factory ride height. With the redesinged, stronger frame for 2011, this truck sits as high as Ford and Dodge HDs.
Suggested Improvements
It would be nice if there was some way to jack the fuel economy on this truck. At best, I get 12 city and 16 highway. As far as I am considered, this the ONLY flaw in the truck.