update on a great truck
By jpr on
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)
I posted here previously, and now have 2 years on the truck. Only problem was a rattle in exhaust that happened in cold weather. GM replaced the converter and back tailpipe, the best warranty experience I have had. Leer canopy did not increase mileage, but still getting around 20 mpg highway, 18 town. General Ameritrac tires are poor at best. Drove truck on Alcan highway with full load, and it performed great. Love the steering and suspension even on a full load with 55mph tundra waves. Need posi-traction on slick surfaces such as snow, rain or loose gravel. Get it on the 2WD. Overall, this is the best truck I have owned. A great value.
Favorite Features
performance as a truck. Looks great with canopy, hood deflector/window shades, and Bully bars. 20" or 22" wheels make it look "Cool". I can't afford cool. Driving comfort (I am 6'1" 250 lbs) and find the truck very comfortable. LUV the automatic lights....very safe feature in Alaska.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the gas mileage on the 6 cyl. Get seat covers, as the stock tend to ball up lint. Easier access to air filter. Locking gas cap. Bigger sun visors on drivers side.