2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
American Quality
By er54 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB w/out OnStar (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Iím embarrassed that this is what Americans are producing. About every 1.5 months that I take it in for something broken. Here is the list of problems: rear leaf spring pads, squeak under accel, leaking front diff housing, selective operation of heated seats, lumbar support moves w/ door open& engine running(honest), service 4wd light, engine missfire(bad fuel injectors & press.reg.). What bothers me is most of these problems the service writers say "oh that's common, we have a fix for that." Thanks for working to improve your product GM. The engine still shudders/clunks @ idle & uses oil.

tough but not impressive
By spat on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my truck 2 1/2 years ago and have been reasonably impressed. Not great accleration or mind blowing power, but a good solid pull. I work it hard everyday and so far it has stood the test of time. Had a few minor problems but overall a good truck

Great Pick up for Hunting
By HuntingSouth Texas on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Z71 Single cab for hunting and fishing. I am pleased with the looks and power of the vehicle. I am at 40,000 and it is in the shop for front end problems, nothing major, but it is covered on the extended warranty. my roughness caught up on the vehicle. but it has never left me hangnin. it is a bit rough on country roads, but the overall performance and build is great. i love my CHEVY!!!!!!!!!

I really wanted a Toyota
By MR.BILL on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Numerous difficulties; right quadrant of taillights has short that has them turn on and off intermitently, Spare tire release under the bed was broken from the manufacturer. I learned this from the tire store. His remark was "none of them work, I do not think yours will either" he was right! Battery terminal was broken on this brand new truck. Right side window does not work at all. Frozen in the up position. Lights on dash come on at strange times. Leak in cab on drivers door in the middle, this a chevy standard feature.

engine knock
By beaner on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

. started to experience a knock in the motor. REMEMBER this truck is still under the 3yr-36,000. mile warranty! called GMC, they said take it to another dealer, they said i had a problem and replaced the lifters. truck was did not make a sound for 2-3 weeks. took it back NOW IT IS A COLD ENGINE KNOCK. and that that is normal. then GMC sends me a 100,000. mile warranty that i didn't except. NOW THEY WON"T FIX THE PROBLEM AND THERE DEALER SAYS " THEY WILL FIX IT WHEN IT BLOWS UP" ALL THEY SAY IS IT IS NORMAL TO MAKE THIS NOISE. I WILL NEVER BUY A GM PRODUCT AGAIN AND I WILL HOPEFULLY STOP SOMEONE FROM MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME" BUYING A GM PRODUCT"

Good truck
By winnertruck on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB w/out OnStar (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used with 20K miles on it. To date I've put 7300 miles on it and it has been a super vehicle. (If you're looking to get 45 MPG you're looking at the wrong vehicle!) Compared with Ford and Dodge power and mileage is great. I'm averaging 17 around town and about 20 on interstates. To date I've had no problems and only spent for maintenance items on the vehicle. I would buy another!

Like a Rock
By porkchop1000 on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great get up N go. 4:10's plus the 5.3=awesome power!

It's OK
By dbbinder03 on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

At 1200 miles the steering rack had to be replaced. The gas mileage is poor as well.

Rolling Thunder
By crock924 on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for about 5 months and I have never had a problem with it. Treat it well and it will serve you well.

Good experience
By golfgreenzach on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very good vehicle. Seems very solid and well built. No problems or warranty work required through 20 months of ownership.