2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Saved my Life
By sarabellacooks on 06/20/10 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after falling in love with it at the dealership. It was sporty enough to rationalize the "station wagon" style hatch back. It has a great stock sound system and all the features were great for the price. The thing that impressed me about this car is the fact that, when I blew a tire after running something over on the highway at 60 mph, hit dirt and rolled it over twice, I was able to walk away with nothing but a small bruise on my shoulder. This car saved my life, and I recommend it with the highest regards!

Love to the Maxx
By Buy American on 06/20/08 20:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got a great deal for this 2 year old Maxx with 21,000 miles on it. Great car to drive. I had read the reviews about the steering feeling wierd, uh what are you talking about? This car handles great. The power is incredible. The Chevy maxx is a great utilitarian car. Oh and I am averaging 28 miles per gallon in mixed driving.

My favorite of all
By TJENKINS on 05/29/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking to buy a crossover SUV like a Nissan Murrano but when I found the Maxx I looked no more! I get the feel of a crossover with the fuel economy of a car and the safety of not having having the roll over risk! I thought my son would love the moon roof in the back but in fact he loved the console in the back seat and the many cup holders! I bought this as a used rental car and it was very well taken car of.

Great comfortable ride
By Jana on 04/26/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first brand new car I have purchased. I love it! It gets great gas milage for the long trips. But doesn't fair so well when traveling the gravel roads. I tend to put about 20,000 miles per year on a car and I haven't had any problems with mine untill this spring when our road became a mud road (instead of gravel). It sits to low to the ground and scraped bottom several times causing some minor problems with the traction control and ABS.

Underrated Excellent Competitor
By Linda on 04/04/08 21:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Maxx is a mini-Saab. Good foreign feel, interior a bit basic. If Chevy invested in upgraded interior materials this car can compete with imports hands down. Good mileage, great pickup excellent style. I researched BMW, Saab, Volkswagon Wagons Maxx best value for the dollar. Just wish the interior could compete with imports.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.